Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

We won't be starting before we know the match ups in both the AHL and NHL Playoff drafts. I'm not crazy about still drafting once the games have started, but assuming a two day break from the last confirmed match up and the first playoff games, teams aren't going to have more than one game each in the books by the time we're done. With our 2 rounds/day schedule, we can rattle off 12 rounds in 6 days.

Thanks for the reminder that we haven't got a draft order set yet for the final four drafts. Four. Finally down to four. AHL Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, World Championship and Memorial Cup. Nearly there.

Any issues if I generate four separate draft orders? Even if a couple come up similar? It will be fair, but random truly means random, which can mean heads three times in a row.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What day does the World Championship Draft start? And has anyone found a decent site that has rosters for it?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Due to a significant lack of news on who's going to represent their countries, I've pushed back the draft from 30 Apr (Sun) until 2 May (Tues). Hopefully, we'll have all of the teams rosters announced by then. Team Canada and Team USA have named their first 15 or so players. You can find them on the IIHF website in the News section:

http://www.iihfworlds2017.com/en/
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Still not seeing much info on rosters hopefully they get posted tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Still not seeing much info on rosters hopefully they get posted tomorrow.
    Jesus, only two partial team rosters announced - Canada and USA. I think we have to postpone the draft until we get more info on the teams. DRAFT IS ON HOLD...

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Jesus, only two partial team rosters announced - Canada and USA. I think we have to postpone the draft until we get more info on the teams. DRAFT IS ON HOLD...
    Rosters are available... if you put any value into Wikipedia...

Just kidding they are also on the IIHF website... http://www.iihfworlds2017.com/en/new...inary-rosters/

LEts get this thing rolling!

Dobber Sports Monster

Hi Comish! Wondering if this league will be an annual one? I would like to join next season. During registration this past fall I was busy and couldn't join. Looks like a great league, winning this would be like being an all around champion!

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Hi Comish! Wondering if this league will be an annual one? I would like to join next season. During registration this past fall I was busy and couldn't join. Looks like a great league, winning this would be like being an all around champion!
    I think this would be great if we could 8 active Dobber personalities to participate.. I always feel bad picking in advance of other guys during the time slots. Would be great if we got a group of really active Dobber personalities, where we would not have to put time slots on picks and be able to get through the drafts in 2 or 3 days, similar to the NHL playoff draft that we got through 10 rounds in just over 3 days. Or the 30 rounds of baseball that we got through in great time!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    We'll see if we can get enough interested people next year. I think 8-10 is perfect. I have a feeling we will. We learned a lot this year and if it's a go next year, we'll incorporate those lessons learned. I'll keep your interest in mind if/when we start thinking about next year!

Dobber Sports Monster

We'll see if we can get enough interested people next year. I think 8-10 is perfect. I have a feeling we will. We learned a lot this year and if it's a go next year, we'll incorporate those lessons learned. I'll keep your interest in mind if/when we start thinking about next year!
    thanks comish! im in for sure

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think this would be great if we could 8 active Dobber personalities to participate.. I always feel bad picking in advance of other guys during the time slots. Would be great if we got a group of really active Dobber personalities, where we would not have to put time slots on picks and be able to get through the drafts in 2 or 3 days, similar to the NHL playoff draft that we got through 10 rounds in just over 3 days. Or the 30 rounds of baseball that we got through in great time!
    Yeah it's really tough for me to get online to make picks in the evenings as those are my busiest times of day. Generally during work hours I am able to pop on for a few minutes easier. Not sure if I can swing it next year due to that, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Yeah it's really tough for me to get online to make picks in the evenings as those are my busiest times of day. Generally during work hours I am able to pop on for a few minutes easier. Not sure if I can swing it next year due to that, but we'll see.
    I am the same boat.... day time works way better for me. With the night draft slots I have been making a list on a sticky note at work and sneaking to the washroom when it is my time to pick to make sure I don't miss my slots.

I love getting ahead of draft schedules and getting things done during the day.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well, we finally have come to the end of a very long season. Here are the final standings:

1-The Comish 121
    2-Bubba55 109.5
    3-PenguinHunter 107
    4-doulos 89.5
    5-capermac19 88
    6-DangerCat 69.5
    7-Mercs 68
    8-chuckcouples 67.5

Well done guys, thanks for a successful season. I will take some time off and will see if there is enough interest to have another go at this next season. I know we learned a lot from this first season.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Well, we finally have come to the end of a very long season. Here are the final standings:

1-The Comish 121
    2-Bubba55 109.5
    3-PenguinHunter 107
    4-doulos 89.5
    5-capermac19 88
    6-DangerCat 69.5
    7-Mercs 68
    8-chuckcouples 67.5

Well done guys, thanks for a successful season. I will take some time off and will see if there is enough interest to have another go at this next season. I know we learned a lot from this first season.
    Congrats Comish! Am just letting you know I am very interested in this league if you decide to do it again, really regretted not joining in it last year. Want to be able to test my skills against you guys. I look at this as being the all-around Champion and am hoping there is enough interest for year 2.

Sorry to revise an old thread... but I plan on doing a small version of the Fatigue league for playoffs and international competition.

8 teams X 8 drafts:

1) NHL Playoffs
    2) AHL Playoffs
    3) WHL Playoffs
    4) QMJHL Playoffs
    5) OHL Playoffs
    6) World Junior Championships
    7) Men's Olympics
    8) Women's Olympics (or Spengler Cup) depending on what people think is best.

If you are interested let me know!

Thanks!