Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Well, it’s happening. Eight nutcases with clearly too much time on their hands plus 20 drafts equals one glorious year of drafting.

I created this thread for any discussion in an attempt to keep the draft threads relatively clean for hopefully draft picks only. Our first draft (KHL) will start Tuesday, 23 Aug at 7 pm EST. Below is the draft schedule (all drafts start at 7 pm EST):

23-Aug-16 KHL (22 Aug - 18 Feb)
    06-Sep-16 Swiss League (7 Sep - 25 Feb)
    12-Sep-16 Finnish Liiga (16 Sep - 11 Mar)
    12-Sep-16 SEL (17 Sep - 9 Mar)
    12-Sep-16 World Cup of Hockey (17 Sep - 1 Oct)
    19-Sep-16 OHL (21 Sep - 19 Mar)
    19-Sep-16 QMJHL (22 Sep - 18 Mar)
    19-Sep-16 WHL (23 Sep - 19 Mar)

Unconfirmed:

26-Sep-16 NCAA (01 Oct - ?? Mar)
    03-Oct-16 NHL (12 Oct - 9 Apr)
    05-Oct-16 AHL (12 Oct - 16 Apr)
    22-Dec-16 WJHC (26 Dec - 5 Jan)
    23-Dec-16 Spengler Cup (26-31 Dec)
    20-Mar-17 QMJHL Playoffs (starts xx Mar)
    21-Mar-17 OHL Playoffs (starts xx Mar)
    23-Mar-17 WHL Playoffs (starts 24 Mar)
    mid-Apr 17 Stanley Cup Playoffs (starts xx Apr)
    mid-Apr 17 Calder Cup Playoffs (starts xx Apr)
    03-May-17 World Hockey Championship (5-21 May)
    14-May-17 Memorial Cup (18-28 May)

Fatigue League Rules

The idea is to put together a small group (8-12) of responsible and readily available fantasy hockey players who love competition and want the challenge of participating in up to 22 drafts throughout the year from six professional (NHL, AHL, KHL, SEL, Liiga, Swiss) and four amateur (WHL, OHL, QMJHL, NCAA) hockey leagues, the NHL, AHL, OHL, WHL and QMJHL playoffs as well as every other major hockey tournament (Olympics, both Mens and Womens, World Cup, WHC, WJHC, Spengler Cup and Memorial Cup).

Owners MUST do their utmost to make themselves available for every draft or partner up with someone who can draft in your absence. All drafts will take place live in the forums at dobberhockey. Most drafts will be of the slow variety, where we must make at least one pick per day. If you miss a draft pick, you can make up any picks at any time, but before the first game is played.

There will be a random draw for the first draft and then the #1 pick goes to the bottom of the list for the next draft with everyone else moving up one spot. We will go through this order twice and for the 2016-17 season, the final four draft orders will all be random. All drafts will be serpentine.

Each league will be points only and is in effect also a roto category. Add up the roto points from every league and we have a winner. If we have 10 teams, then 1st = 10 points, 10th = 1 point for each league. This is not a keeper league and there will be no trading.

NHL Regular Season

Draft 30 skaters (F/D), one from each team (so we’re going 8 deep on every NHL team). Minimum 7 Defensemen. Points only, all count. Mandatory 5 round redraft (reverse order of standings, 8-1, 1-8, etc) at the All-Star Break where you can take any player (F/D) not on another team in our league – you don’t have to respect the one player per team at that point, although you will have to maintain a minimum of 7 Defensemen. Points from redrafted players will count from the beginning of the season (this applies is all leagues that redraft).

AHL Regular Season

Draft 12 skaters (F/D). Minimum 2 Defensemen. Points only, all count. Mandatory 2 round redraft (reverse order of standings, 8-1, 1-8) at the All-Star Break. Must maintain a minimum of 2 Defensemen. Players who split their season between the AHL and NHL will have their points count on a one for one basis, provided that they play more AHL games than NHL, otherwise only their AHL points will count – you’re supposed to be drafing AHL players, not NHL!

Kontinental Hockey League
    Swiss League
    Finnish Liiga
    Swedish Elitserien
    WHL/OHL/QMJHL

Draft 10 skaters (F/D). Minimum 2 Defensemen. Points only, all count. Mandatory 2 round redraft (reverse order of standings, 8-1, 1-8) at the All-Star Break or around the mid-season mark. Must maintain a minimum of 2 Defensemen.

NCAA

Only players from Division I (Atlantic, Big Ten, ECAC, NCHC, WCHA) are eligible to be drafted. Draft 10 skaters (F/D). Minimum 2 Defensemen. Points only, all count. Mandatory 2 round redraft (reverse order of standings, 8-1, 1-8) around the mid-season mark. Must maintain a minimum of 2 Defensemen.

World Cup of Hockey

Draft one skater (F/D) from each of the 8 teams. Minimum 2 Defensemen. Points only, all count. No pick-ups.

World Junior Hockey Championship

Draft one skater (F/D) from each of the 10 teams. Minimum 2 Defensemen. Points only, all count. No pick-ups.

Spengler Cup

Draft one skater (F/D) from each of the six teams. Minimum 1 Defenseman. Points only, all count. No pick-ups.

WHL/OHL/QMJHL Playoffs

In each league respectively, draft 10 skaters (F/D). Minimum 2 Defensemen. Points only, all count. No pick-ups.

World Hockey Championship

Draft 10 skaters (F/D). Minimum 2 Defensemen. There will be 16 teams competing, but you can only take one player max from any one team. Points only, all count. No pick-ups.

Memorial Cup

Draft one skater (F/D) from each of the four teams, plus one other skater. No restrictions on when you can take the second player from the same team. Minimum 1 Defenseman. Points only, all count. No pick-ups.

Calder Cup

Draft 10 skaters (F/D). Minimum 2 Defensemen. Points only, all count. No pick-ups.

Stanley Cup

Draft 12 skaters (F/D). Minimum 2 Defensemen. Points only, all count. No pick-ups.

Olympics–Mens

Draft one skater (F/D) from each of the 12 teams. Minimum 2 Defensemen. Points only, all count. No pick-ups.

Olympics–Womens

Draft one skater (F/D) from each of the 8 teams. Minimum 2 Defensemen. Points only, all count. No pick-ups.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Default Re: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Who are the crazy 8?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Who are the crazy 8?
    A mix of old and new forum members:

The Comish
    doulos
    PenguinHunter
    chuckcouples
    Mercs
    Bubba55
    DangerCat
    capermac19

The Great One

Good luck all! Great set up amd just wish I had the time

Dobber Sports Padawan

You crazy guys!

I have a group of friends that do 10 sport league (hockey, football, basketball, golf, nascar, ncaa, etc) total point in them all wins it.

Who's the lucky guy that is keeping the stats?
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    You crazy guys!

I have a group of friends that do 10 sport league (hockey, football, basketball, golf, nascar, ncaa, etc) total point in them all wins it.

Who's the lucky guy that is keeping the stats?
    I've often wanted to do that multi-sport thing you mention, but just never found the time to press the issue. Awesome concept for sure!

I'm the stats guy. Once a week. Hopefully, it won't be too much (he says naively!).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh I've got all sorts of KHL sleeper picks prepared*. You'll be begging me for сострадание soon enough!

*And by prepared I mean I have no idea what I am doing.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Oh I've got all sorts of KHL sleeper picks prepared*. You'll be begging me for сострадание soon enough!

*And by prepared I mean I have no idea what I am doing.
    lol, I feel the same. Just wait until I pick first overall in the Swiss League draft with Pierre-Marc Bouchard retired, I'm thinking of going off the board with my first pick! lol

I found the KHL site to be reasonable to navigate and thankfully in English. Lots of links to stories of who signed and who left their teams.

Dobber Sports Icon

What have I jumped into?!! Some people have sleeper lists already prepared for the KHL and the Swiss League where as I don't even know 12 guys who play in either of those leagues.

If anyone on these forums wants to co-GM my team, let me know.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    What have I jumped into?!! Some people have sleeper lists already prepared for the KHL and the Swiss League where as I don't even know 12 guys who play in either of those leagues.
    *whisper* "they're all sleepers"

None of us has much of an idea. My only hope is that all the players I draft are actually playing in the KHL this year! lol #loftygoals

The Great One

I can't wait to seethe first roasting by someone who covers that league about a player being picked who retired or has moved on lol

(promise it won't be me!)

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I've often wanted to do that multi-sport thing you mention, but just never found the time to press the issue. Awesome concept for sure!

I'm the stats guy. Once a week. Hopefully, it won't be too much (he says naively!).
    Hope this doesn't cut into your RHRS time!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I can't wait to seethe first roasting by someone who covers that league about a player being picked who retired or has moved on lol

(promise it won't be me!)
    It will probably be me... but I can take a good roasting haha.. bring it on!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Anything preventing us from starting early? Say if the first person is ready... and they know who they want to pick, and they know they have a ball game tonight right at 7:00... can they make there pick and get this thing rolling?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Anything preventing us from starting early? Say if the first person is ready... and they know who they want to pick, and they know they have a ball game tonight right at 7:00... can they make there pick and get this thing rolling?
    I don't see why not.