Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gio, Ghost, Kling, Carlson, Josi keep 1

The Wolverine

Default Re: Gio, Ghost, Kling, Carlson, Josi keep 1

Quote Originally Posted by Section13 View Post
    The reason I didn't list Gio was because I think I can grab him again but there is no chance of picking up Kling/Carl/Josi unless some teams draft bad. Like I said I wish I could keep my entire D...The only D I drafted out of all of them last year was Josi and Kling...Gio was a rage drop so I scooped him, Ghost was an upgrade and Carlson was dropped before playoffs last year so I scooped him.
    Absolutely, you know your league better than us. And I agree, Giordano's perceived value is likely lower than several of the others so it makes sense to target those more sought after. I just wanted to share the numbers from last season as I found them interesting in comparison. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

For sure and thanks for the stats. After a summer a guy tends to forget about what certian players did last year. Would you keep any of Carlson/Kling over Giroux?...again I appreciate all the advise from the fantasy GM's of the world. Thanks.
    Ghost Busted
    1O team/4 Keepers/H2H/Yahoo
    G/A/FOW/+-/PPP/SHP/HITS/W/GAA/SV%/SO/IR+
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Stamkos
    RW: Voracek, Eberle, Zibanejad
    LW: Benn, Schenn, E. Kane, Hoffman
    Defence: Klingberg, Ghost, Muzzin, Werenski
    Goalies: Jones, Bishop

Dobber Sports Veteran

Got curious on Carlson vs. Josi. Here's the 82 game projections using last year's pace:

Carlson: 57 pts, 181 SOG, 67 Hits, 167 BLK

Josi: 61 pts, 198 SOG, 60 Hits, 186 BLK

Fairly equal, but I'll stick to my original pick with Josi.

The Wolverine

For sure and thanks for the stats. After a summer a guy tends to forget about what certian players did last year. Would you keep any of Carlson/Kling over Giroux?...again I appreciate all the advise from the fantasy GM's of the world. Thanks.
    Not me. Giroux fills those categories nicely, even though his offensive numbers have dropped a bit over the last couple years. If he still has RW in your league (shouldn't but wouldn't be surprised if he does in Yahoo, for example), he's very valuable with those FOW.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I was bit surprised to see you are only going to keep one of these guys, but it's a keep 4, so good in-season roster management doesn't carry over, you have to do it again the next year.

Planning for goalie/defense/forward/best of rest keepers?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

I don't think I'd take one of them over Giroux. But with your cats, I wouldn't mind keeping Giroux, 2 of those 3 D-men and Jones. Keep 4 right?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Giant

Nope, Giroux is a stud in this format; especially with the FOW.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Giroux is a lock in this format. And I would keep josi as my dman
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah other keepers I am thinking of would be Kuch, Giroux and Crawford...keeping Josi would give me a nice base of 4 guys...I don't have a pick in the 1st or 2nd round this year so I will have to be good with my drafting and that shouldn't be an issue.
    Ghost Busted

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah other keepers I am thinking of would be Kuch, Giroux and Crawford...keeping Josi would give me a nice base of 4 guys...I don't have a pick in the 1st or 2nd round this year so I will have to be good with my drafting and that shouldn't be an issue.
    In this format, I definitely keep Klingberg (or Carlson) over Kuch. They just fill too many peripherals and are both elite scorers on the backend.

I'd keep Jones over Crawford myself, but I can see the reasoning in your decision there too
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Pro

Giroux is one of the best players with those cats. I don't think Kucherov is, to be honest. I recently run FHG ranking for the league in my sig and he was somewhere between 80-90. I don't blame you for keeping him though, I know I would.

For the D, my vote goes to Josi.
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It is easier to find forwards that can contribute offensively then D. Would you keep Josi/Kling/Giroux/Crawford or Josi/Kuch/Giroux/Crawford?....the reason I have Crawford over Jones is he has been consistently good where as Jones has 1 year of starting.
    Ghost Busted

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Of course it's due to your D strength, but it's interesting to see that nobody has suggested to keep Giordano, who was also a stud in blocks and had 56 points last year. Also, it's a keep four, so I'm not as concerned about age as it's more like a one-year league.

That being said, I see the arguments in favour of the others but was surprised that he hasn't been mentioned once, even in consideration. Was just curious, but last year's numbers:

Hits: Giordano 65, Carlson 46 (in 56), Josi 59, Klingberg 44 (just under full season), Gostisbehere 27 (in 64 games)
    Blks: Giordano 193, Carlson 114 (in 56), Josi 185, Klingberg 68, Gostisbehere 59 (in 64)

Note that Giordano may not get that many in future - hasn't blocked that many for years

Shots: Giordano 212, Carlson 124 (in 56), Josi 198, Klingberg 171, Gostisbehere 152 (in 64)
    PPP: Giordano 19, Carlson 14 (in 56), Josi 24, Klingberg 22, Gostisbehere 22 (in 64)
    SHP - largely irrelevant in a H2H league
    G: Giordano 21, Carlson 8 (in 56), Josi 14, Klingberg 10, Gostisbehere 17 (in 64)
    A: Giordano 35, Carlson 31 (in 56), Josi 47, Klingberg 48, Gostisbehere 29 (in 64)

I figure it's simply due to age and many people expect that to be his peak, and that's fair. But if you are looking in the short term, I wouldn't be surprised if he's close to the others in terms of overall, balanced production.
    This ^.

If 1 year, I'd roll with Gio.

If keeper I'd go with Josi then Carlson.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

The Great One

Josi.... To chime in on the Gio argument though the thing that puts me off is always d man goals as they are never easy topredict. Gios's next highest goal scoring season was 14 2 years ago (though in 62 games) and he shot 9.9% last year... If he goes back to 7% which is roughly where he lands then he actually only scores 14/5 goals and then he drops to a 50 point d man. Coupled with a couple of seasons with some chunks missing for one thing and another you can understand the lack of love for him
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

Josi by a hair over Carlson. Make sure you do try and grab Giordano in the draft, because he's great in this set up as well.

Klingberg is my boy, but the numbers just don't point to him in this setup.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.