Thread: Reimer value

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Reimer value

I am in a 12-team H2H dynasty league with G, A, PPP, PIM, SOG, SHP, +/-, W, GAA, SV%, SHO as cats. I am not contending and trying to rebuild. I have some good young talent in McDavid, Johansen, Panarin, Duclair and Laine coming in. I don't have a firm starter yet with Reimer, Neuvirth, Korpisalo, Murray, and Hellebyuck in the fold.

One of the top teams who has Luongo is interested in Reimer. Since I am not planning to contend for another couple of years, do I trade him? And what kind of a return would you ask for? His team is pretty loaded but was looking at Palat as the only guy he might part with. He really doesn't have any prospects that interest me that much and has 2nd and 3rd prospect picks in 2017 and all 3 picks in 2018.

I am a bit torn since Reimer might actually be my main starter until Murray and Helle take over so it is tempting to hold on to him. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Reimer value

Reimer is your main starter for now, and the top guy has a reason to overpay for him, so let him come to you and do just that.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yes, let him make the first offer, and don't look for prospects, look for young players in the NHL. You may be planning to contend a a time which will be after the league folds.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

I'd value him to be a top 20 starter as he will get more and more time in Florida as Luongo gets older. Even this year, Reimer should see the bulk of the work in Florida as Bobby Lu recovers from surgery and isn't slated to play until December (I think).

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

The Great One

He's a nice sell now but I think he's am even better sell 6-8 weeks into the season... He's going to play on an exciting team for the two months and if he finds that perfect storm someone will over pay
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah, his 1st offer was a 1st round pick in 2018 which of course would be around 10th overall. Not worth it in my eye. I am tempted to hold on to him but what about something like Palat + 2nd round pick (20th overall or so) for Reimer? Just thinking about it.

The Great One

I like Palat but think he's worth more...or will be

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I like Palat but think he's worth more...or will be
    You mean that Reimer is worth more?

The Great One

Yeah sorry... He posted some great numbers in San Jose and I'm not as down on him as others were as a Leaf so this is a great opportunity for him

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Id wait for at least a few weeks into the season. With the season that'll be expected of Florida, his value will sky rocket which leave you with the upper hand in trade negotiations. Murray and Hellebuyuck will be ready and most likely be full time starters in 2017-18
    14 team Yahoo Keeper League 8 keepers 4 rookies.

G, A, PIMs, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PPP, FoW GAA,Sv%,SO,Wins

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1 Utility 2G 1 IR 2 IR+ 4 NA 13 bench

C: McDavid Crosby, Beniers, Kotkatniemi, W. Johnson
    LW: Draisitl Svechnikov, Patioretty, Mikheyev, Mangiapane, Tolvanen, Benson
    RW: Rantanen Thompson, Wahlstrom, Anderson, Marchenko, Evangalista
    D: Heiskanen, Drysdale, Ghostisbehere, Zadorov, Savard, Fowler
    G: Sorokin, Varlomov, UPK, Comrie
    NA: B. Clarke, Stankoven
    Rookie:

Dobber Sports Stud

Florida is on the upswing and Reimer appears to be man riding the wave.

Yes Luongo is 37 years old and signed through the 21-22 season but how many games can he be expected to start at 38 or 39 years old ?

The Luongo owner is a motivated buyer so I would make him pay for the insurance handcuff

Otherwise keep JR and enjoy the upside thanks to the Panthers developing a good hockey club with the financial backing of Viola

the financial part of the equation makes the panther situation a strong buy as far as I am concerned
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Reimer is going to have far more value once his numbers show his worth during the first half of the season. It's expected that Reimer will eventually take over for Luongo and Florida is definitely a high caliber team potentially making a strong playoff run this season. I would just hold off on moving him for now cause you can definitely get more value from him as the season continues. He held a .900 save percentage or above in each season while on a decrepit Leafs team and then when he moved to San Jose it shot up to .934 (granted a small sample size), Florida is a solid defensive team and Reimer will have some stellar numbers, he's worth the wait.
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley