Panarin
    Monahan
    Jaden Schwartz
    Spezza
    Parise
    Shea webber
    Hedman

Corey Crawford

8 team head to head O catagories pp points,goals,assists,shots, +/-. Goalie cats wins,goals against, save pct
    finished Sixth worst finish since my first year in the league . Here is my question I can keep three players or none or any number in between. If I keep none (most teams keep three) I would get the first three picks of the draft (presumably pick 22, 23 and 24). My thought is Tarasenko is probably a top 24 pick, but is Panarin, Kucherov, or Pachioretty anymore?

What do you guys think?
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: To keep or not to keep

Panarin/Tarasenko/Kucherov are all in the top 24 of the Top 300 skaters list. I would think that it is unlikely you would get a better player at 24, but maybe somebody has 4 better players, and must drop one.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

do you have an idea of who others are keeping yet?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't see Kucherov on your initial list. Do you actually have him?
    I would keep Tank/Kucherov, take the first rounder, and then if there's no one better to draft, you can just grab Panarin/Patches again. Patches should be good value with shots and PPP.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with Eskimo, keep tank/kucherov then maybe you can get a better player with your pick. If not, just grab panarin again.
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm a little confused. How do you know you'd get the top three picks in the draft? Would you get the top three picks if you didn't keep anyone? If that were the case, what would happen if someone else didn't keep all three players? Would they get the top pick? And would you still get the top pick if you only kept two? Couldn't you not keep anyone, get the top three picks and see if there were any better players and if not, draft Tank, Kucherov and Panarin

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I'm a little confused. How do you know you'd get the top three picks in the draft? Would you get the top three picks if you didn't keep anyone? If that were the case, what would happen if someone else didn't keep all three players? Would they get the top pick? And would you still get the top pick if you only kept two? Couldn't you not keep anyone, get the top three picks and see if there were any better players and if not, draft Tank, Kucherov and Panarin
    I think this is going under the assumption that most are keeping three. I was also assuming that he is one of the bottom teams, and that's why he had some certainty that he would have the top picks. If he does automatically have the top 3 though, then I agree not keeping anyone and seeing what is there would be the right call.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think this is going under the assumption that most are keeping three. I was also assuming that he is one of the bottom teams, and that's why he had some certainty that he would have the top picks. If he does automatically have the top 3 though, then I agree not keeping anyone and seeing what is there would be the right call.
    So what if the last place team doesn't keep anybody? Would he get the top three picks and be able to draft Tank, Kucherov and Panarin if those three guys weren't kept?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    So what if the last place team doesn't keep anybody? Would he get the top three picks and be able to draft Tank, Kucherov and Panarin if those three guys weren't kept?
    In the past almost always each team will keep three. If you a team only keeps 2 then they will get an extra first round pick. Based on where I finished I will get one of the first picks. Unfortunately I have no idea who is keeping who.

Dobber Sports Pro

If you're sure you'll get the first 3 picks, then there's no reason to keep anyone. You can just draft those 3 players, if there isn't a better one available.

If you want to keep 3 player, then keep Tarasenko, Kucherov and Panarin.

It sounds like he gets a pick in rounds 3, 2, 1 by keeping only 2, 1, or 0 players, respectively. Do you see any teams with demonstrably worse keepers than you have or teams with 4 very good ones? Either of those scenarios will lead to people not keeping 3 playrs, because they can improve by cutting down further.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Looks like Giroux and Backstrom will be available.

Dobber Sports Pro

The more I look the harder it is to not go tank and patches because of shots. Yahoo open now so should be getting invites this weekend. As a side note Rotoworld writers high on Parise not so much with Kucherov. Also starting to entertain keeping Crawford.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

Until(s1)

IR Ehlers, Hall

Parise is a definite non-keeper here. He is NOT better than Giroux or Backstrom, and it's not that close.

Crawford makes sense, I'd look at the 4 guys you have to pick from, 3 forwards we've mentioned alot & Crawford, and try and predict available goalies. If it looks sparse, keep Crawford.

It's unclear how many you roster & start, by the way. If this a start 2 goalie league, Crawford becomes really hard to drop.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Parise is a definite non-keeper here. He is NOT better than Giroux or Backstrom, and it's not that close.

Crawford makes sense, I'd look at the 4 guys you have to pick from, 3 forwards we've mentioned alot & Crawford, and try and predict available goalies. If it looks sparse, keep Crawford.

It's unclear how many you roster & start, by the way. If this a start 2 goalie league, Crawford becomes really hard to drop.
    I think you are right. Parise's production has been on the decline for awhile. Chicago should still be a good team. If I don't keep Crawford may leave myself open at that position. It is a 2 goalie start league. Will know more by Monday.

Until(s1)

IR Ehlers, Hall