Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who are some good Buy-Low Goalies to Target if I want to Be Competitive in 3-4 Years?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Who are some good Buy-Low Goalies to Target if I want to Be Competitive in 3-4 Years?

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Just to add another name to the mix, I really like Alex Nedeljkovic in Carolina as a long-term option. I think he'll be a backup next season. And Carolina doesn't have great goaltending now. So he's in a great situation.
    I like Nedeljkovic's skill set as well. Although he lacks the size that most goaltenders need to thrive at the NHL-level. I don't think he'll be playing in Carolina next season as the Hurricanes will want to be patient with the youngster.

Sure Ward or Lack may get injured but Carolina also has Daniel Altshuller who will likely split duty with Nedel next season in the AHL. He's got some more size, and a couple seasons of pro hockey under his belt. They're likely not so concerned about bringing him to act as a back-up if need be.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Who are some good Buy-Low Goalies to Target if I want to Be Competitive in 3-4 Years?

Lars Johansson

He'll start the year as Chicago's 3rd goalie in the AHL but if Darling plays as he did last season then Johansson should become the backup. And Crawford is known to miss some time most seasons. Johansson was the best goalie in Sweden last season. The Goalie Post has him listed as #53. He's 29. While he might be road blocked this season, he is an UFA after next season.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    If someone can tell you what a goalie prospect is going to do four years from now then they have a very special gift. I think you get as many of the goalies listed above and hope one of those guys gets lucky.
    This is my train of thought as well. Good luck figuring out goalies 3-4 years from now. That's like asking someone to explain a woman (no offense to any women on these boards).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That's like asking someone to explain a woman (no offense to any women on these boards).
    Wait- you mean I can't use logic and sound rationale?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Wait- you mean I can't use logic and sound rationale?
    Let me get my popcorn and sit back and read your logic. I'd love to hear it. LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I so wish that there was a woman on the forum reading this....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I so wish that there was a woman on the forum reading this....
    I'm sure there is. Maybe she can tell us a good buy-low goalie who will make his team competitive in 3-4 years.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Honestly, I'd look at younger NHL guys who have some warts dropping their value right now as the guys who are likely your goalies in 3-4 years. The "problem" is, that you already have a bunch of these guys.

Mrazek would be a great example, as Detroit is expected to have the bottom fall out, and Howard is still there. You have him.
    Reimer looks like he is the future in Florida. You have him.
    Allen just got the crease to himself for the Blues. You have him.
    Markstrom will take over from Miller at some point this year, probably. You have him.

Other than Talbot, who should show his stuff this year, and Lack/Pickard who look to take over next year at worst, you have most of the guys I'd target for near term future use, who may not be great now - depending on league settings.

I'd use that prospect space for skaters, you are probably weaker there.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Sorokin
    Nedeljkovic
    Gillies
    Demko
    Subban
    Saros
    Samsonov
    Pickard

Keep an eye on Edmontons goaltending. Also Dallas, Buffalo,

Anaheim has been a goalie factory

The Great One

Doesn't Anageim now have Hackett as its third choice goalie in the depth chart? Used to be a fan but injuries have really de railed him
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

Exclamation Re: Who are some good Buy-Low Goalies to Target if I want to Be Competitive in 3-4 Years?

I'm gonna say grab HELL boy now (still kinda backup/AHL status)
    and I'm pretty sure he'll be great in 3-4 season

3-4 years is to far out 2 at most usually.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Demko, Pickard, Stolarz, O'Connor, Husso, Wedgewood, Hellebuyck, MacKenzie, Forsberg, Hellberg, Gudlevskis, Subban.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Linus Ullmark, Jon Gillies, Juuse Saros, Ilya Sorokin, Alex Nedeljkovic, Matt O'Connor.

Also: http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...s-august-2016/
    10 Team 25 Player Keeper League (5 Keeper)
    Forward/Defence - G/A= 1 PIM= .2
    Goalies - W= 2 SO= 5

F: Steven Stamkos, Nicklas Backstrom, Dylan Larkin, Ryan O'Reilly, Lee Stepniak, Mathieu Perreault, Milan Lucic, Kyle Palmieri, Antoine Roussel, Sam Bennett, Jason Zucker, Anthony Duclair, Anders Lee, Drew Stafford, Victor Rask, Antoine Vermette, Boone Jenner,

D: Ryan Suter, Keith Yandle, Johnny Boychuk, Matt Niskanen

G: Mark-Andre Fluery, Connor Hellebuyck, Semyon Varlamov, Frederik Andersen

IR:

Keepers: Stamkos, Backstrom, Fluery, Andersen, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Stud

HaHa....

Now THIS is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'm sure there is. Maybe she can tell us a good buy-low goalie who will make his team competitive in 3-4 years.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov