Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dubnyk vs Talbot

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Dubnyk vs Talbot

Simply comparing these two H2H with those stat categories, this year I'd want Dubnyk but I wont be surprised if by the next year the Oilers and Talbot are putting up equal, if not better, numbers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I'm more convinced that Gustavsson starts more games than Kuemper/Stalock so by that logic even if Edmonton finishes above Edmonton I see Dubnyk getting more of both though I can believe the over under is 4 when it comes to wins...

inwonder though if Edmonton starts well what Talbot's trade value comes in at... May be a chance to take a better upsode/situation and flip it (which I don't think a good start for Dubnyk will do anything)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dubnyk for me... this year

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm in the "Dubnyk this year" camp. Talbot is a great tender, but Minny has the better team, especially for those cats. I could definitely see Minny taking a step back in each of the next couple years, barring a big change in their top 6. For now though, they're a great defensive team, and if you're not counting SV% or GAA, by all means, Dubnyk will be the better option. If your window isn't until after this year though, I'd be holding onto Talbot. His value is as low as it likely ever will be again. Odds are if you lose him now, you'll never be able to get him back at a reasonable price. And as I said, I think Minny is trending in the wrong direction, and Edmonton seems poised to become a perennial playoff contender.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Master

Coin flip. Edmonton will be better, Minnesota will be worse. Don't trust Dubnyk, but not yet convinced Talbot is a whole lot better. Took a quarter in the air: Heads you keep Talbot, tails you keep Dubnyk.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

This year Dubnyk > Talbot by a small margin. Boudreau likes the 1A/ 1B approach so I think he will give Kuemper every chance to steal more starts.

Next year Talbot > Dubnyk. Dubnyk may not be in Minny. http://gonepuckwild.com/2016/08/11/m...pansion-draft/
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Flex View Post
    That is one of the worst articles of all time. Is there really a chance that the Wild go into the expansion draft with their starting goalie available and not having another goalie signed? That makes no sense. Which is the better option, exposing Dubnyk to the expansion draft or signing Alex Stalock (no matter how bad he is in 16/17) for another year at $925,000? There are also at least 12 UFA goalies right now who would be able to be exposed in the expansion draft. I am pretty sure the Wild could convince one of them to sign a cheap two year deal if they were really worried about this situation playing out.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Dubnyk, The Boudreau factor outweighs the Larsson/McDavid factor when it comes to W & SO.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Talbot for me. I see Edm winning more games then Minn. Dub may have an edge in shut outs cause his defense in front of him is better but that offense is weak and won't win a lot games.