Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where will Fleury be playing to start the 2017-2018 season?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Where will Fleury be playing to start the 2017-2018 season?

Las Vegas

Dobber Sports Rookie

I dunno, there's a few teams out there that could be looking for other options.. eg. Philly, Carolina. I'm curious what Florida does in another year or two as Lou hits retirement age.
    F - Kane, Backstrom, Kucherov, Barkov, Voracek, Hall, Galchenyuk, RNH, Yakupov, Hudler, E.Staal, Lehtera
    D - Subban, Letang, Yandle, Vatanen, Niskanen, Sekera, Bouwmeester, Savard
    G - Elliott, Halak, Greiss, Miller, Mason
    Rookies - DeAngelo, Koekkoek

9 Teams - Keeper League
    Keep 10 + 3 Rookies
    Weekly lineup: 6F, 4D, 2G

F - Points
    D - Points, +/-
    G - Wins/OTL/SO

BOLD - Keepers

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lord.numskull View Post
    I dunno, there's a few teams out there that could be looking for other options.. eg. Philly, Carolina. I'm curious what Florida does in another year or two as Lou hits retirement age.
    I think they answered that July 1st with Reimer.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

How does Fleury bounce back in Pittsburgh? They just won a cup with him as the #2 goalie. Even when healthy, he could not supplant a struggling Murray. I think his pride will kick in and ask to be moved. My pick is Buffalo...
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Flex View Post
    How does Fleury bounce back in Pittsburgh? They just won a cup with him as the #2 goalie. Even when healthy, he could not supplant a struggling Murray. I think his pride will kick in and ask to be moved. My pick is Buffalo...
    When did Murray struggle? Here is his game log. At no point through his 13 regular season and 21 playoff games did he ever go on a three game stretch with a SV% under .923. In this case, the "struggle" is not real
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Deity

Pittsburgh rode the hot hand through the playoffs. It was the smart thing to do, but regular season is a totally different kettle of fish. In the middle of the playoffs, with Fleury coming off an injury, Pittsburgh couldn't afford to let Fleury work out the bugs, which is going to happen, especially with goalies coming off an injury. There was just too much riding on it so they kept riding Murray. Nothing wrong with that but don't confuse that with the overall picture for the Penguins.

Fleury is still the starter and #1 guy in Pittsburgh. Murray is still the apprentice learning on the job.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

When a 'healthy' Fleiry came back he hadn't played for what? 5-6 weeks? And lands in a bit of a pressure cooker situation and though the game log says he struggled he did carry a lead into the second period iirc. When any goalie misses that much time they are never able to just jump back in. Foeury will get an opportunity to start the season, his contract dictates it, and I think we see him have a very good year just with a reduction in starts (50-30)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    When did Murray struggle? Here is his game log. At no point through his 13 regular season and 21 playoff games did he ever go on a three game stretch with a SV% under .923. In this case, the "struggle" is not real
    It was during the TB series when he was replaced by MAF. https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...155642730.html

The article speculated that the move to MAF happened because "the bloom was coming off Murray", ergo the struggling comment.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

Dobber Sports Icon

It was during the TB series when he was replaced by MAF. https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...155642730.html

The article speculated that the move to MAF happened because "the bloom was coming off Murray", ergo the struggling comment.
    Murray had a rough start against Tampa but didn't struggle too badly. As others had pointed out though, the Penguins couldn't give Fleury time to regain his form when they had a goalie in Murray who had been extremely hot for them other than a few minor blips. This season, Fleury is still the starter. He wasn't given a chance to replace the youngster (rightly so) during the playoff run, but he will have every chance to for the upcoming season. I figure I figure Fleury starts around 55 games this year
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Pittsburgh rode the hot hand through the playoffs. It was the smart thing to do, but regular season is a totally different kettle of fish. In the middle of the playoffs, with Fleury coming off an injury, Pittsburgh couldn't afford to let Fleury work out the bugs, which is going to happen, especially with goalies coming off an injury. There was just too much riding on it so they kept riding Murray. Nothing wrong with that but don't confuse that with the overall picture for the Penguins.

Fleury is still the starter and #1 guy in Pittsburgh. Murray is still the apprentice learning on the job.
    The thread was to speculate on where MAF will be in 2017-18. None of us really knows what's going to happen this upcoming year.

I don't think I said he would not be starter in Pitt next season. I'm just surmising that rightly or wrongly he won't be given a fair shake in Pitt next season that will ultimately lead to his departure. Every bad start he will have next year will remind the local pundits of his lack lustre performance last year in the playoffs and playoffs past. I'm surmising that there will be a goalie controversy (media) by the All star break and he's gone (driven out of town) by season's end.

I could also be wrong.

JMO

Dobber Sports Deity

The thread was to speculate on where MAF will be in 2017-18. None of us really knows what's going to happen this upcoming year.

I don't think I said he would not be starter in Pitt next season. I'm just surmising that rightly or wrongly he won't be given a fair shake in Pitt next season that will ultimately lead to his departure. Every bad start he will have next year will remind the local pundits of his lack lustre performance last year in the playoffs and playoffs past. I'm surmising that there will be a goalie controversy (media) by the All star break and he's gone (driven out of town) by season's end.

I could also be wrong.

JMO
    I am aware of what the thread is asking. I was simply replying to your comment "How does Fleury bounce back in Pittsburgh" and how you think he's basically done in Pittsburgh as their starter and will ask to be moved. I disagree and explained why I don't think he's done in Pittsburgh.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

no doubt atleast to start this year it will be pitts

..... now if murray steals the net again... he may be moved at the deadline

if nichushkin has another average year..... would a Niemi nichushkin for flurey deal be completely out of the question