Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who to keep (only 2) of Allen Mrazek or Valesvksiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to keep (only 2) of Allen Mrazek or Valesvksiy

Hi guys,

I am in a 12 team Dynasty league where we keep 12 players. I only have room to keep 2 goalies. Which would you choose out of the three:

1) Jake Allen
    2) Petr Mrazek
    3) Valelevskiy

I am thinking of keeping Allen and Vaselevkiy because of their defense. It's a matter a time before Bishop gets traded cause of salary cap issues and expansion draft.

I like Mrazek. I am a Red Wings fan but Lidstrom is gone so it's time to move on.

Your thoughts?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Who to keep (only 2) of Allen Mrazek or Valesvksiy

I like Mrazek too, but I'd keep Allen and Vas.
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Deity

Tough call. All three are projected starters (if not already) for their respective teams and all three are quality.

For me, I think I'd drop Allen of those three but damn, that's a tough one. I don't trust Allen's durability yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

For this season only, I'd like Allen + Mrazek. For next season going forward, I like Vas over Mrazek.

If there are 12*12=144 keepers, I would have thought there might be a trade market for Mrazek? How many goalies do you start? And what are the goalie categories?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

yes, I am going to try and trade Mrazek but it's tough in August. Not everyone is in full fantasy hockey mode. I just traded away Pekka Rinne, Matt Duchene for Toews, Muzzin ( we have HITS in our league).

Mrazek is a little low profile... I'll definitely send a note out.

Thanks for your feedbacks....

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    For this season only, I'd like Allen + Mrazek. For next season going forward, I like Vas over Mrazek.

If there are 12*12=144 keepers, I would have thought there might be a trade market for Mrazek? How many goalies do you start? And what are the goalie categories?
    All of my thoughts are in this post.
    We need some more info for a final decision, but I agree with the conclusions above. +1
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Mrazek and Allen - better one in the hand and all that....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

In a 12 team dynasty, and assuming most guys keep no more than 2 goalies, then it shouldn't matter too much who you keep as I expect there will be other options available who will be starters in the NHL this year.

However, for what it is worth, I'd keep Allen and Vasilevsky. Allen will get tons of quality starts this year for a good Blues team, and Vasilevsky has the highest ceiling of the three and should be starting as early as next year for a very good Lightning squad.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Immortal

Allen for sure. Vas for sure if Bishop is gone but I think I'd still go with him either way.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm with the others here, Mrazek and Allen are your best choices for this season, with Vas being the best of the three longterm. I suppose the best bet might be to hold Mrazek and Allen if you're looking to win this year, but if you're not necessarily contending this season, I'd hold onto Vas. Odds are you'd never get him back. Whatever you do though, I'd be looking to trade whichever one isn't being kept, since in a 12 team league you're likely going to find a buyer for a starter. If you start 2, then that means at least 6 of the goalies being used are bottom of the heap type guys *cough* Ward *cough*.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Grand Master

For me, it depends on the categories you use, and I don't see that listed. I strongly suspect Allen has the most trade value, and I'd probably look to deal him, and see what offers come in - they might overwhelm you.

Do you have a maximum of 2 goalie keepers allowed, or are there just other rostered players you want to keep more.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    For me, it depends on the categories you use, and I don't see that listed. I strongly suspect Allen has the most trade value, and I'd probably look to deal him, and see what offers come in - they might overwhelm you.

Do you have a maximum of 2 goalie keepers allowed, or are there just other rostered players you want to keep more.
    Thanks for all the replies. The stat categories are Wins, GAA, Save %, Shutouts. Skaters stats are goals, assists, points, +/- , PPP, SOG, FOW, PIMS, Hits.

No restriction on keeping goalies but I plan on keeping 10 skaters: p. Kane, Stamkos, Mackinnon, Johansen, Toews, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Subban, Ekblad, Muzzin.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I definitely prefer your other keepers over a 3rd goalie.

Definitely keep Allen - unless you get a big piece in trade. I probably keep Mrazek as well. I think Mrazek is going to be an elite goalie in the real world, and I suspect he'd be harder to redraft than Vasilevsky this year. However, you know your league, so keep whichever you think you can get back easier.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Vasilevskiy and Allen for me is who I'd keep.

Dobber Sports Icon

Out of the three goalies listed, I would keep Allen and Vasilevski. Allen is a no brainer as he's the likely uncontested starter for one of the top 5 teams in the Central Division (aka a likely top 12 NHL team). I would then keep Vasilevski over Mrazek since neither of them are starters yet and Vasilevski is both more talented and plays for a better team at this time.