Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Martin Reway

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Martin Reway

Listed highly in the new Top 200 Prospects... What are your thoughts on him this upcoming season and long-term?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Martin Reway

I liked what I saw a couple years ago in the WJC, and expect he will eventually be a nice 2nd or 3rd line sparkplug with some scoring prowess. Mind you that was a limited sample, and I haven't kept tabs, but I think he'll stick full time come next season, 2017-18.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would think that with the number of bodies that will be fighting for jobs up front for MTL and the fact that he has just signed(MAY) means he's starting in the AHL. And this is where we should temper our expectations. I doubt he was given any kind of guarantee when he signed that he would for sure be in the NHL, and that part of the delay in signing him was related to him not really wanting to spend all his time in the A. He may take it in stride this season if that is where he is all season but I would be wary of the possibility of a mutual buyout should it look like he would be slated to spend a 2nd season in the A>

Just to add, if and when he does make the Habs it will pretty much have to be top 6 or nothing. IMO the work ethic for a bottom 6 role is not currently present.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Lehkonen and Reway are gonna battle it out with Andrighetto. I think the Habs have only one spot available for one of them...

Dobber Sports Pro

High end skill, good wheels, solid hockey IQ and apparently better defensively than rumored. The fact Reway said he'll play in the AHL if he doesn't immediately make Montreal is a good sign too. He's played against men the last two years, another good sign.

2015-16 season highlights
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOvHF6vsooM

recently posted best of Reway compilation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vhd...A&spfreload=10

Dobber Sports Expert

AHLer this year. Maybe some emergency call-ups if he playing well in the minors. No fantasy impact this season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

After seeing him in the WC this spring, I must say I see him as a career European leaguer. His stature and style of play really stood out for me as not easy to translate to NHL ice.

Apparently I am in minority with this opinion.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by stimperi View Post
    After seeing him in the WC this spring, I must say I see him as a career European leaguer. His stature and style of play really stood out for me as not easy to translate to NHL ice.

Apparently I am in minority with this opinion.
    I think it's too soon to call him a career Europen leaguer. But I'm not optimist about his future. He needs AHL time.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

I think this coming year in the AHL will be telling. I think he has a stigma surrounding him about attitude and commitment, and i think he took a first step there in saying he would play in the AHL recently, and not go back to Europe. I haven't seen him play much, but hear his offensive skill set is great. It's always hard to tell/determine how a player will turn out from Europe imo. I think this upcoming year, if he sticks to his word and plays in the AHL(seriously doubt he makes the main club unless he is lights out in camp), will ultimately dictate his future.....NHL ability or lifetime European player. I think his attitude/situation had a lot to do with things. Time for him to put that stuff aside and concentrate on playing and see what he really has. I took a flier on him in my league.
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Master

Habs need all the help they can get. I think he surprises and sticks at least in the top 9. It's not exactly a hard forward group to crack. Shaw is destined to the third line, even with that ridiculous contract. Top line is locked in. Second line is Plucky with Rads and Reway has to beat out Andrighetto, Carr or DD for that spot in the top 6 and I don't see much competition from either of them. None of them are top end talents.. I give him 50% odds to stick with the big club. Danault, Mitchell, Byron, Flynn, Matteau... are the definition of 4th liners or AHL tweeners... Hardly an obstacle. McCarron won't play higher than the 3rd line either.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

I say Lehkonen or Carr will get that #2 LW spot

Dobber Sports Padawan

And I don't know if I'm the only one, but Byron for me is a bit more than 'just' a 4th liner... he's almost as good as Gallagher, super explosive, high energy player

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Byron on the same level as Gallagher? It isn't even close bud. If history is to repeat itself, I can almost guarantee that Lehkonen/Reway will get limited time (and spending time in the AHL is more likely) under Therrien.
    16 Team Salary Cap Dynasty, Daily H2H (Cat.)
    A, Blk, G, Hit, +/-, SOG, TOI/G, STP, SV, W, GAA, SV%
    55 max roster, 23 Main
    C: Galchenyuk, Stepan, Bjugstad
    LW: Forsberg, Skinner, Ovechkin
    RW: Gallagher, Shaw, Connolly
    D: Krug, Pietrangelo, M. Stone, Murray, Despres, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky
    Res: Faksa, Josh Bailey, Brodin, Lehner
    Minors:
    F: Athanasiou,Dano,C. Brown,Boeser,Jost,Milano,Perlini,Scherbak,Crouse, Erne,Lehkonen,Devin Shore,Bellows,Benson,Cassels,Harkins, Roslovic,Sokolov (Radulov, Stastny and Ferland as veterans in minors; post passing waivers)
    D: C. Carrick,Kulak,Jacob Larsson,McKeown,C. Nelson,Paliotta,Tryamkin,Walman
    G: Korpisalo,Blackwood,Soderstrom,Campbell

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by jml238 View Post
    Byron on the same level as Gallagher? It isn't even close bud. If history is to repeat itself, I can almost guarantee that Lehkonen/Reway will get limited time (and spending time in the AHL is more likely) under Therrien.
    I dont know if you watch habs games but i live here and watch most games... Im not saying hes as good, just saying that they have a similar game.. Both are small and bring high emotion and speed.. Byron is a valuable asset for the team and the best 3/4th liner we have