Thread: Billy Hamilton

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Billy Hamilton

Is this just a streak where he's finally hitting....because it has been unreal lately. In a H2H league he could easily win you SB every week.

48 SB on the year in 97 games
    13 SB in his last 8 games (including 3, 2 and 4 in his last 3 games)
    In those 8 games he's been on base 14 times (and again...stolen 13 bases)
    5 Ks in last 8 games (3 came in one game)
    5 BB in last 5 games

His pace is actually pretty much the same as last year (57 SB in 114 games).

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Billy Hamilton

He's been ridiculous recently. Loving the production in the one league I managed to snag him in.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

He faced Pittsburgh, who isn’t good this yr (Gerrit Cole).
    Wacha, who’s struggling.
    Leake, who again…isn’t good
    And Jamie Garcia.

No doubt the dude is a SB machine, but he can’t get on base consistently. Dudes just hot I think, but helps that he’s batting at the top of the lineup now. He went through a stretch of 14 games where he didn’t steal a base back in July, and I think that really killed his fantasy appeal and people dropped and forgot. Now he’s climbing up and hitting to a “high” rate. When you hit 0/4 so often, 1/4 makes your average rise and that’s what he was doing.

Ride the wave, don’t expect a 280hitter tho.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

I might agree with you if his average wasn't over .300 in the last month. That's a fairly large sample size (96 ABs). I do agree it is a streak, and he won't keep up the torrid pace, but I think he can keep up a partial of it, maybe keep the avg at .260-.265, and then keep producing the runs and SB at a high enough rate to be worth rostering.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

He’s never hit over 255 (this yr) on a full yr. I think he’s just hot, maybe he settles into a 260 hitter. He’s played Milwaukee, Atlanta, Arizona, San Fran, SDP, Cards, Pits, and Cards again this month. Not really the strongest opponents. 15 of the 24 games were against bottom feeders.

I personally think he’s a 260avg, 300OBP, 55-60SB guy, and right now he’s hot. Players in baseball get hot for a month. If you take his last 2 months he’s hitting 243….

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He’s never hit over 255 (this yr) on a full yr. I think he’s just hot, maybe he settles into a 260 hitter. He’s played Milwaukee, Atlanta, Arizona, San Fran, SDP, Cards, Pits, and Cards again this month. Not really the strongest opponents. 15 of the 24 games were against bottom feeders.

I personally think he’s a 260avg, 300OBP, 55-60SB guy, and right now he’s hot. Players in baseball get hot for a month. If you take his last 2 months he’s hitting 243….
    I can settle to agree on the 260avg bit. With the quantity of SB, sometimes you have to put up with lower numbers in other categories. We know that. I agree it is a hot month, and we have to enjoy it while it lasts.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I can settle to agree on the 260avg bit. With the quantity of SB, sometimes you have to put up with lower numbers in other categories. We know that. I agree it is a hot month, and we have to enjoy it while it lasts.
    I’m definitely upset I didn’t pick him up 2 weeks ago, I will say that. He makes SB an easy win of a category

Dobber Sports Titan

Jankowski has been doing that decently well for me in a couple other leagues