Thread: Rank SP rest of year

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Rank SP rest of year

Currently had a $hitshow of SP injuries and drops and guys coming back that I figured I'd finally just post. I cut bait with Walker right before he got back from DL, so relieved I saw he went down. Right now I have J. Ross and McCullers on the DL, with Guerra on my bench but on the DL (no room as only 3 spots and also have A. Diaz).

How would you rank the following rest of year in W, K, ERA, WHIP:

McCullers (DL: elbow soreness w/ no return timetable)
    Ross (DL: pulled from throwing assignment Friday...no return timetable)
    Guerra (DL: confident he'll be ready once 15 days are up)
    Severino
    Taillon
    Gray
    Bundy
    Skaggs
    Pomeranz (2 Boston starts with 6IP and 2 runs/ 2 Boston starts less than 6 IP and 5 runs)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rank SP rest of year

SP are so fickle, and maybe the toughest thing to rank. I'm not dure I can, so I'll post a few of my thoughts, and hopefully that will help you organize yours.

McCullers I cut bait with right away in my one year league. I think he's done for the season.
    Bundy has been excellent recently, and I would ride that and his Ws as much as possible.
    Pomeranz is settling in. I'll give him a pass on the first start, which to me gives him two solid starts out of three. I will take that with most of my starters.
    Gray can't be worse, can he?
    Severino I don't have huge faith in, but he hasn't been too bad either.
    Ross I don't have much hope in either, getting anything out of him the rest of the season.
    Guerra I agree with you on, that he will be back right away, and I would expect more of the same from him.
    Taillon I think is going to settle in and continue to improve as the season closes out.
    Skaggs is middle of the pack for me. Nothing special. You can do better, you can do worse.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    SP are so fickle, and maybe the toughest thing to rank. I'm not dure I can, so I'll post a few of my thoughts, and hopefully that will help you organize yours.

McCullers I cut bait with right away in my one year league. I think he's done for the season.
    Bundy has been excellent recently, and I would ride that and his Ws as much as possible.
    Pomeranz is settling in. I'll give him a pass on the first start, which to me gives him two solid starts out of three. I will take that with most of my starters.
    Gray can't be worse, can he?
    Severino I don't have huge faith in, but he hasn't been too bad either.
    Ross I don't have much hope in either, getting anything out of him the rest of the season.
    Guerra I agree with you on, that he will be back right away, and I would expect more of the same from him.
    Taillon I think is going to settle in and continue to improve as the season closes out.
    Skaggs is middle of the pack for me. Nothing special. You can do better, you can do worse.
    I meant that as Jon Gray....not Sonny. I was actually shocked to see he is not owned!

Ya he was blown up in his last start but he was VERY solid before then.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I meant that as Jon Gray....not Sonny. I was actually shocked to see he is not owned!

Ya he was blown up in his last start but he was VERY solid before then.
    That makes a little more sense, sorry. It's always tough owning a Rockies starter, but Jon has been good. Tough to argue with his numbers.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)