Thread: Forte VS Ingram

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Forte VS Ingram

Ten team keeper league, .5 ppr. All other stats are generic.

Trying to decide who to keep and who to deal before the deadline. Forte has the better track record, and can be a beast in PPR. Ingram is younger and on a high scoring team..

Looking for pros and cons to each of them to help decide.
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Forte VS Ingram

If any of the pre-season rankings are worth much, Ingram is the easy choice here. Most pundits have Forte falling down in their draft lists. especially for keeper leagues.

In my keep 2 league, I kept Forte last year but he won't be a keeper for me this year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Fan of both players and both in a good situation. Even with the age difference, I still like the edge to Forte here. Long time Bills fan and I've seen how Chan Gailey runs his offences. Having a QB like Fitz who loves to check down, I see high volume for Forte this season. Probably wont hit 100+ receptions like 2 years ago but would not be surprised to see him at 65+.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am nervous about Ingram.. mostly because I am nervous about Drew Brees and the Saints Offense.

reasons:

- Drew Brees is getting older and that is always a concern
    - The Saints defense was brutal last year, so the Saints could be playing from behind a lot which hurts a running backs potential for fantasy points.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Ingram is the far and away easy choice. Much better player on a much better team with a much better offense. Saints D was historically bad last season and he was just fine. Bilal Powell is going to take Forte off the field some, and so is Khiry. Ingram will play in all situations. Not to mention Forte is old and breaking down and already has a soft tissue injury.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Ingram is the far and away easy choice. Much better player on a much better team with a much better offense. Saints D was historically bad last season and he was just fine. Bilal Powell is going to take Forte off the field some, and so is Khiry. Ingram will play in all situations. Not to mention Forte is old and breaking down and already has a soft tissue injury.

Ingram is younger and will most likely have a larger workload that's for sure. But Forte plays on the better team, with the better offensive line and offense. Even if his carries go down, there are plans to use him in the slot periodically.

My only hesitation with Forte is that he's playing in a new system and he's going to hit the wall either this year or next. I would be open to trading either of these players as I'd be happy keeping both.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Ingram is younger and will most likely have a larger workload that's for sure. But Forte plays on the better team, with the better offensive line and offense. Even if his carries go down, there are plans to use him in the slot periodically.

My only hesitation with Forte is that he's playing in a new system and he's going to hit the wall either this year or next. I would be open to trading either of these players as I'd be happy keeping both.
    I'll take the Saints offense over the Jets, thanks.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I do think Ingram might be the best bet. Not just for this year, but going forward. Forte might have a great year, but who knows the next. Trade value goes down for him as he gets older. I might trade him now while the value is still there.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd also prefer Ingram over Forte, and it's not a close contest for my money.

Ingram is four years younger, plays in a more consistent offence, proved his receiving chops last season (50 catches in 12 games played, versus 44 catches in 13 games played for Forte), should receive the goal line carries (never Forte's ... er, strength), and has less threatening players behind him to steal work.

Taking nothing away from the career Forte has had, but in my view Ingram is clearly the better and safer option at this point in both yearly and keeper leagues.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Ingram has a second round ADP compared to Forte's 5th round ADP for a reason.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would draft Ingram before Forte.. Forte is no slouch, but like Whale said, he is bound to hit the wall sooner rather than later!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..