Thread: Need to drop one

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Need to drop one

Own Price/Holtby/Neuvirth/Sparks/Ullmark in a non salary cap keeper league. Have Sorokin/Stolarz on prospect bench. Who would you drop, Sparks or Ullmark? Or both? And why? Categories are:

W: 5 pts
    SV: 0.4pts each
    GA: -2pts each
    SO: 3pts

1 Goalie start daily

Default Re: Need to drop one

I'd say you could probably safely drop both since unless a serious injury bug hits I doubt you ever get use out of either of them. If you are determined to keep one I'd probably go with Ullmark or drop Sparks and try and trade Ullmark.

If you gain roster spots to add depth elsewhere then drop both. If you are over your max roster spots then both are fairly easy drops I would think.

Dobber Sports Sage

Leaning Sparks here. Thought that Enroth was signed by Leafs for backup gig but havent heard confirmation on that. I dont think anyone really views Sparks as a future starter. Not sure Ullmark is that much better but Buffalo doesnt have a great #1 in place like the Leafs do with Freddy. I do really like Lehner, but his injury history might open the door for someone else down the road.

The Great One

Sparks... That's Amdersen's gig so at best he gets spot duty but there won't be a goalie controversy so his upside is limited
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Expert

Sparks would be my first drop for you. No guarantee he sticks with the Leafs even as a back-up this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Sparks for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Count me on the drop Sparks train. Ullmark has the better potential and is playing behind an injury prone Lehner. Not that Andersen is the epitome of health, but I could see the Leafs bringing in another solid backup which means Sparks won't get a fair shake.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Thanks for the input everyone. I was leaning Sparks and he is the chosen one. Haha .I might need to free up a roster spot during the season, so I will see what Ullmark does/stands and he would be next to drop/trade. With his situation(Ullmark) I think he holds more value opportunity wise and potential in season trade.
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.