Thread: #1 waiver on Kershaw

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default #1 waiver on Kershaw

I assume this is a yes but I haven't used a waiver claim all season and now have the #1 claim. Someone dropped Kershaw over the weekend but now I see this report under his name:

Sun, Aug 7

Clayton Kershaw (back) threw on Sunday for the first time since being shut down on July 16.

Advice: Dodgers manager Dave Roberts wouldn't get into specifics about the throwing session, but was encouraged that it was a positive step toward a return this season. He's still a long ways away from a potential return, but it sounds as though the Dodgers are counting on him contributing on September.
    Im in 2nd right now and I do have a spot on my DL. I do this right???

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: #1 waiver on Kershaw

This is obviously a single season league if Kershaw was dropped.

What weeks are your playoffs?? I would do this, but I would not keep him on the DL over someone that is guaranteed to be back and helping you for your league playoffs.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    This is obviously a single season league if Kershaw was dropped.

What weeks are your playoffs?? I would do this, but I would not keep him on the DL over someone that is guaranteed to be back and helping you for your league playoffs.
    Yes one year league.

Playoffs start Week 22 so 4 weeks of season left. Currently just have Salazar in 1 of my 3 DL spots so I'm good there

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd snag him. At this point in the season, I dont see too many teams dropping too much more that you'd want to use it on anyway. It's a gamble, but if it pays off, you are smiling.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yes one year league.

Playoffs start Week 22 so 4 weeks of season left. Currently just have Salazar in 1 of my 3 DL spots so I'm good there
    Then, yes you should. Likely teams are not going to drop anyone else worth picking up. (and if there is then I would claim collusion on the other GMs haha)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Then, yes you should. Likely teams are not going to drop anyone else worth picking up. (and if there is then I would claim collusion on the other GMs haha)
    Well that's what I was thinking! The guy was only in 7th and I couldn't believe he dropped him

Thanks boys

Dobber Sports Titan

Glad you got to the conclusion of grabbing him. Number 1 waiver is used on game changing players. This is a game changing player.
    As Axe said there may not be another guy that comes along worthy of it anyways, and there's no point in going out with the #1 waiver priority.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Done and done.

HE IS MINE!!!!!! Muhahahahaa

Dobber Sports Titan

Even if he never plays for you it must be nice to just see his name there
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)