Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 15 year league, 105(?) teams, huge prizes!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 15 year league, 105(?) teams, huge prizes!

Puck Hogs Local 242 entering its 16th year. Last year we had 7 divisions and 105 total teams, and we are always looking to expand!

We have members from the US, Canada, France, Australia, Russia, and even former NHLer Randy effing Burridge! It's a one year, total points league during the fantasy regular season, switching to H2H points for the fantasy playoffs, (the last weeks of the NHL regular season). 100$ to get in, that might seem a bit expensive, but of course there are huge prizes.

Each division has a full universe of NHL players so you won't need to know who Buffalo is signing to round out their 3rd line.

We want you in the league whether you are a semi-ignorant blow-hard or a mute spreadsheet monkey memorizing QMJHL scouting reports. Our motto is "commitment to stupidity more impressive than your fantasy skills". We have a ton of fun on our message board (clever trash-talk, insightful commentary on NHL ice girls, etc) and some of us get together for a somewhat annual event: Puckapalooza (past locations: Hartford, Seattle, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Toronto, Los Angeles). Last year was a Pond Hockey Tournament in Colorado!

We also have cool trophies and awards including The Bucket awarded annually to our league champion. http://www.puckhogslocal242.com/the-bucket.html

Links:
    The boards: http://www.phl242.com/smf/index.php

Website with last year's rules, payouts etc: http://puckhogslocal242.com/rules.html

Rule overview: 105(?) teams, 7(?) divisions, 15 teams in each (with individual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, Redraft League

Rosters: Forward x4 D-men x4 Utility x2 Goalies x2 Bench x5

Scoring: Fantasy Points Total for the Fantasy Regular Season then H2H Fantasy Points for the Fantasy Playoffs beetween all divisions, all tracked on our google doc: http://www.docs.google.com/spreadshe...htmlview?pli=1
    (G, A, +/- , PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL)

We have openings for drafts on the weekends of 9/24-9/25 & 10/1-10/2. We may also have a 3rd draft weekend on 10/8-10/9

Here's a link to one of our ESPN divisions: http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/leagueoffice?leagueId=2720&seasonId=2016

If you have any questions, post here, pm me, or email me at [email protected]

Hoping to see you around this year!
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    Start 4F, 4D, 2U, 2G daily, 5 bench
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: 15 year league, 105(?) teams, huge prizes!

League rules/payouts page is blank
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It's working when I click.. did you give it a few seconds to download? Let me know if you keep having an issue with it, I'll try to fix it!
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hi, last year Fab hyped out our league for us but some people didnt believe him because he was the reigning champ and it seemed fishy. Well I can promise you that he's not the champ this year as he got bounced in the first round last year! But he's still our Favorite Frenchy by coming on here and helping recruiting. I'm just here to help him out and assist anyone with any questions. On Luca's question, our rules sheet from last year is embedded in the website. It works on all the browsers I use so give it a second perhaps. I can email to anyone as needed as I wrote it Word.

cheers and look forward to having you join. If any of your are league commishes also let me know as I have some crazy league on league H2H ideas for the end of the season.

-Adrian

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by acgrenier View Post
    Hi, last year Fab hyped out our league for us but some people didnt believe him because he was the reigning champ and it seemed fishy. Well I can promise you that he's not the champ this year as he got bounced in the first round last year! But he's still our Favorite Frenchy by coming on here and helping recruiting. I'm just here to help him out and assist anyone with any questions. On Luca's question, our rules sheet from last year is embedded in the website. It works on all the browsers I use so give it a second perhaps. I can email to anyone as needed as I wrote it Word.

cheers and look forward to having you join. If any of your are league commishes also let me know as I have some crazy league on league H2H ideas for the end of the season.

-Adrian
    Using my loss of the Bucket as an argument to prove the league is legit? REALLY Boss?? Ahah!

The league is 100% legit indeed, and I'll get MY Bucket back this year! But everything is open for 2nd place!

Some of you already asked in private, felle free to do so if you're intrigued, I'll be happy to help!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I can ALSO vouch for this league! It was my first year involved with PHL242 while I was working on a cruise ship and it was fantastic!! Very tough, but everyone is very competitive and it was great to follow along with all the statistics and division standings. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a great challenge with some serious fantasy hockey lovers!
    FANTASY LEAGUE: "Hockey Night on Hoth" (est. 2012)
    TEAM NAME: "The Barrelriders"

FORMAT: H2H Keeper League (Keep 4 - no more than two per position)
    TEAM FORMAT: 12 Teams, 17 Players per Team (3C, 4W, 3D, 2G, 5Util)
    STAT CATS: G, A, P, PPP, FW, Shots, Hits, Blocks | Wins, SVS, GAA, SV%

MY TEAM:

C | N. Mackinnon,
    W | J. Benn, J. Pavelski
    D |
    G | A. Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stotan View Post
    I can ALSO vouch for this league! It was my first year involved with PHL242 while I was working on a cruise ship and it was fantastic!! Very tough, but everyone is very competitive and it was great to follow along with all the statistics and division standings. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a great challenge with some serious fantasy hockey lovers!
    This guy stepped up in a huge way, throwing weekly stats about how divisions would rank against each others, overall standings and records... It was awesome Stotan, can't wait to start the new season!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

This guys is Dan and in his rookie season, while on those cruise ships, he designed (and redesigned and redesigned) our league logo. Our kickass league logo. It's now immortalized on our website and on a dozen hockey jerseys some of which we wore to our inaugural pond hockey tourney in Feb (0-4 but still smiling!). Dan, while we didn't get an extra jersey for ya, we do have an official toque waiting for ya.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

28 managers signed already and the Summer Olympics are still on. We'll be back up to 100 in no time. Everyone else, come join the fun!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Divs are feeling up, feel free to ask if you have any question, this is truly a great league!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

36 teams paid up and we still have a week left in August! Draft dates shaping up, 15 of us meeting in Vegas in October for Frozen Fury, trash talk and trophies galore. Come join the best or wallow away like the rest!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is it really the sweet sound of "draft date" that i've been hearing lately?? Ohhhhh yesss!!!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

About half the league has already paid, divs are feeling up! Feel free to ask anything about the league in this thread or via pm.

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

about half the league means 52 to be exact. FIFTY FREAKIN' TWO! Come join us. 9 new managers so far this season, this is so amazing

Dobber Sports Sophomore

57 and 10 new members. Don't miss the bus!