Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hellebuyck Predictions

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hellebuyck Predictions

How many starts in WPG will he get this upcoming season?

The Great One

Default Re: Hellebuyck Predictions

With Pavelec and Hutchinson on 1 way deals, I think Hellebuyck will primarily be in the AHL. WPG needs Hutchinson to expose for the expansion draft, and I don't see WPG buying out Pavelec at this point. So I expect this year to be mostly a write off, unless there is an injury.

Dobber Sports Deity

Who knows, but as mentioned, he's probably bound for the AHL this year barring injury.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Too bad if he ends up in the AHL all year long. He's easily the most gifted goalie in the organization and he deserves to get a shot. At this point, Pavs is no longer an option and Hutch wasn't one in the past.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Lots of guys in the forums are saying he'll be the Jets' starter no later than next season (2017-18), probably because Pavelec is a UFA after 2016-17. So are they really going to turn to Hellebuyck as the bona fide #1 in 2017-18? If that's the case, you'd think they'd let him get some solid time again this year for experience and to be sure he's the guy.

Reading they signed Hutchinson to get to 3 goalies under contract for expansion draft, but if Pavelec is a UFA after this season, that leaves them with 2. So what will they do, try to extend Pavelec this season? Just bored with nothing else to think about..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If one of Pavs or Hutch go down, Helly should steal the net given he is the superior tender. Last year Helly stole starts because Maurice played his hottest hand to give the up and coming Jets the best chance to succeed...so I would anticipate more of that happening next year and by the start of 2017/18 Helly is the undisputed #1.
    10 teams, weekly matchup, play 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Scoring for skaters: G (4), A (2.5), +/- (.5), BLKS (.2), HITS (.2), SOG (.2), PIMS (.25), PPG (1), PPA (.5), SHG (3), GWG (1)
    Scoring for goalies: W (3), S/O (5), SV(0.2), GA(-1)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by bergman View Post
    Lots of guys in the forums are saying he'll be the Jets' starter no later than next season (2017-18), probably because Pavelec is a UFA after 2016-17. So are they really going to turn to Hellebuyck as the bona fide #1 in 2017-18? If that's the case, you'd think they'd let him get some solid time again this year for experience and to be sure he's the guy.

Reading they signed Hutchinson to get to 3 goalies under contract for expansion draft, but if Pavelec is a UFA after this season, that leaves them with 2. So what will they do, try to extend Pavelec this season? Just bored with nothing else to think about..
    Teams are only required to expose at least one goalie who is under contract or an RFA. So Hutchinson will be exposed and Hellebuyck will be protected. Pavelec will be a UFA, and my guess is WPG lets him walk. Next year, I expect Hellebuyck to be the starter and Hutch to backup. After that, perhaps Comrie enters the picture. If there was no expansion draft this year, then I could have seen Hellebuyck getting a shot at the number 1 job. But I just don't see it. It just makes sense for the Jets to give him one more year in the AHL and to let things play out.

Dobber Sports Padawan

AHL for all year except if there's an injury.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Teams are only required to expose at least one goalie who is under contract or an RFA. So Hutchinson will be exposed and Hellebuyck will be protected. Pavelec will be a UFA, and my guess is WPG lets him walk. Next year, I expect Hellebuyck to be the starter and Hutch to backup. After that, perhaps Comrie enters the picture. If there was no expansion draft this year, then I could have seen Hellebuyck getting a shot at the number 1 job. But I just don't see it. It just makes sense for the Jets to give him one more year in the AHL and to let things play out.
    Thanks for clearing that up. Suppose there will be other (better) goalies available for Vegas and Hutchinson would return as backup to WPG. Still think it's a bit risky giving Hellebuyck the #1 job right away without any more real time easing in this year. But if there's an injury this year and he has to be up in WPG anyway, guess he'd be getting the starts.

The Great One

IMO, a full year in the AHL is not a bad thing. Plus, WPG is trending in the right direction, but I wouldn't mind seeing them have one more crappy year and good draft pick. Then it's hellboy's time

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If/when Pavelec goes down, Hellebuyck will come up.. Because Pavelec will be playing for his next contract, I believe he will bring everything he has.. It definitely won't be enough to get a contract extension from the Jets..

I would love Hellebuyck to start 60 games but we will have to wait.. I'm guessing Hellebuyck somehow plays 15-20 games.. I hope I am wrong and he plays much more!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

I'm going under 15...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I'm going under 15...
    16 for me

Jokes aside, like everyone said, he comes up only if there is an injury or if both Pavs and Hutch struggle greatly. He is not part of the initial duo that will start the season so unless you have a crystal ball, you won't be able to predict anything.

But I think it's safe to say that he will get a few games for sure as I highly doubt both goalies will stay off the IR/play well enough to keep their job/not be moved prior to the deadline.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I give WPG a month of Pav/Hutch starts and they'll bring HellBoy up for good
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He will start in the AHL, but if Winnipeg wants him to be their no1 next year, they will give him 25-30 NHL start this coming season.