Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rookie Left Wingers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Rookie Left Wingers

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That's why we can expect him to go back to Jr for the year unless he does something impressive in camp and his 9 games.

They want him to work on being a center.
    As a Dubois owner already, that's probably the preferable choice, long-term. Either way, hope he gets a few games in October.

Another potential rookie LW'er is Arturri Lehkonen in MTL. Strong season in the Swedish league and even better playoffs. MTL needs someone to step up for their top 6.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bergman View Post
    I also think there will be a chance he starts as a winger in CBJ. Posted about Galchenyuk similarities in another thread. Having only played part of a season as a centre, maybe he'll need to adjust to the NHL before he adjusts to the NHL as a centre.
    I think Dubois said in some interview that if he's playing wing, then he prefers playing right wing. Of course coaches don't always care about player's preference and fantasy hockey sites are very slow to adjust positions but just saying that it's possible he doesn't end up playing left wing at all.

Also, isn't Andrighetto a right wing as well? I thought the Radulov signing would hurt him the most. The same with Anderson and Czarnik from your earlier post; I think they play right wing.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think Dubois said in some interview that if he's playing wing, then he prefers playing right wing. Of course coaches don't always care about player's preference and fantasy hockey sites are very slow to adjust positions but just saying that it's possible he doesn't end up playing left wing at all.

Also, isn't Andrighetto a right wing as well? I thought the Radulov signing would hurt him the most. The same with Anderson and Czarnik from your earlier post; I think they play right wing.
    Yeah Andrighetto played RW when he was up last season. He's a left-hand shot though and having Radulov and Gallagher both on RW, I wonder if there's a chance Therrien sticks Andrighetto on LW on their second line. Otherwise they have a player who scored at almost a point a game pace in the AHL last season, and who showed offensive skill, playing on their third line with a gaping hole on their 2nd line at LW. Just see 'ghetto at LW as a possibility.

Was thinking the same kind of thing about Czarnik although I don't know the B's lineup situation well at all.

The thing with my league is if we can show that a player has played more than a handful of games at a given position, we can add that position to their eligibility - so speaking selfishly, all I need is about 10 games at LW from these names.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Gotcha. Just curious on your recommendation there. The Screaming Eagles may have him listed as a LW, but he actually played a good portion of the year last year at center as they were transforming him into that and that's what the Blue Jackets drafted him for.
    He only started playing centre from Christmas hence he was probably listed as a LW as that is what he was when the season started (TBH I missed that when they drafted him and we discussed this in the draft thread - apparently took his game up another gear when he shifted position)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

Yeah Andrighetto played RW when he was up last season. He's a left-hand shot though and having Radulov and Gallagher both on RW, I wonder if there's a chance Therrien sticks Andrighetto on LW on their second line. Otherwise they have a player who scored at almost a point a game pace in the AHL last season, and who showed offensive skill, playing on their third line with a gaping hole on their 2nd line at LW. Just see 'ghetto at LW as a possibility.

Was thinking the same kind of thing about Czarnik although I don't know the B's lineup situation well at all.

The thing with my league is if we can show that a player has played more than a handful of games at a given position, we can add that position to their eligibility - so speaking selfishly, all I need is about 10 games at LW from these names.
    I thought Andrighetto spent some time on the left wing when he was up - I need to stop watching hockey in front of a mirror lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sounds reasonable. But how do you prove that someone has been playing left wing instead of right wing? I haven't really found a great place for that information. Unless of course the player in question is playing with two established superstars who are locks in their positions, so you can just say that "center and right wing is taken, so he must be playing left wing with those two".

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Sounds reasonable. But how do you prove that someone has been playing left wing instead of right wing? I haven't really found a great place for that information. Unless of course the player in question is playing with two established superstars who are locks in their positions, so you can just say that "center and right wing is taken, so he must be playing left wing with those two".
    We just have a league forum thread where you post a player's roster from a reliable website (their official website for example) that shows him listed at a given position. The number of games is more of a guideline so you don't just add every eligibility to a player after one shift at that position.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Michael Mersch could make the Kings this season , possibly 2nd or 3rd liner
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Radulov is a left-hand shot, too, so at least in theory he could play LW just as well as Andrighetto. Anyway, Andrighetto could look good as the 4th winger on the scoring lines besides Pacioretty, Radulov and Gallagher. Glad for him he gets recognised this much - at least in this thread.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Radulov is a left-hand shot, too, so at least in theory he could play LW just as well as Andrighetto. Anyway, Andrighetto could look good as the 4th winger on the scoring lines besides Pacioretty, Radulov and Gallagher. Glad for him he gets recognised this much - at least in this thread.
    Radulov has played RW his entire career and he's a star player, so very little chance he switches wing. He's a player who needs to be kept happy.

Dobber Sports Ace

Crouse
    Fiala
    Dal colle
    Carr
    Paul
    Barbashev maybe
    Kempe
    Buchnevich
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist