Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Tragically Hip final tour

Dobber Sports Star

Default The Tragically Hip final tour

Pretty amazing time at the concert last night. It saddens me to say that I have drifted musically from The Tragically Hip over the years. I am just not as in tune with them, as I used to be, and I simply prefer their older tunes. Day for Night is, in my opinion, their last brilliant album, cover to cover.

I am so thankful to have been able to see them one last time. The band was on point tonight and I found it to be a touching send off for the iconic Canadian band. Before the first encore, Downie had a genuine heartfelt moment with the crowd; there were more than a few tears.

They nailed "The Luxury", "So Hard Done By" and "Poets", and I was able to see them perform my favourite Hip song of all time for the first time "Long Time Running". Well done, boys.

Stay strong, GD.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: The Tragically Hip final tour

One of the memories of a lifetime there. I wish I could get my hands on a ticket to experience it myself.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm in the same boat as you Rylant. The last 2 albums came and went without me even noticing tbh. But it can't detract from the glory they wrought earlier, and more importantly I suppose, the young, fun years that were accompanied by their soundtracks. I touched on it in another thread here, but Victoria was the best time concert I've ever attended, and ever expect too. Full range of emotions, felt by everyone in the building, and the way they are closing the shows right now, just leaving Gord alone on the stage for the final send off, perfect and poignant. Eskimo, if you're close to a show, they held back a few seats for purchase on the day of the show in Vancouver, go look into it.
    -H2H, 16 teams, pts only, $68 mil. salary cap, weekly lineup changes, dress 6 fw,3 d, 1g
    Fwds: Wheeler, Barkov, Kuznetsov, Pastrnak, Schwartz, Hall, Buchnevich, Lindholm, Puljujarvi, Kaprisov Def: Josi, Byfuglien, Reilly, de Angelo Farm spot: Bean G: Murray, Dubnyk 2 pts win, 3 more for shutout.

-16 team, keep 6 (1 at each position plus flex) (skaters, g=2 pts, a=1 pt, pim=.25 pts per min., +\-, ppp, shp, gwg goalies, 3 pts for a win, -1 for a loss, saves .1 pt, goal against -.5 pt) C- Kuznetsov, Rackell, Marner RW- Simmonds, Bjorkstrand, Hornqvist LW- Panarin, Buchnevich, Lucic D- Byfuglien, Carlson, Faulk, Muzzin, Girard G- Price, Gibson, Miller, Lagace

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerman View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you Rylant. The last 2 albums came and went without me even noticing tbh. But it can't detract from the glory they wrought earlier, and more importantly I suppose, the young, fun years that were accompanied by their soundtracks. I touched on it in another thread here, but Victoria was the best time concert I've ever attended, and ever expect too. Full range of emotions, felt by everyone in the building, and the way they are closing the shows right now, just leaving Gord alone on the stage for the final send off, perfect and poignant. Eskimo, if you're close to a show, they held back a few seats for purchase on the day of the show in Vancouver, go look into it.
    I have been, but no luck so far!
    Definitely agree though, from what I have seen, the shows have been brilliant!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Pretty amazing time at the concert last night. It saddens me to say that I have drifted musically from The Tragically Hip over the years. I am just not as in tune with them, as I used to be, and I simply prefer their older tunes. Day for Night is, in my opinion, their last brilliant album, cover to cover.

I am so thankful to have been able to see them one last time. The band was on point tonight and I found it to be a touching send off for the iconic Canadian band. Before the first encore, Downie had a genuine heartfelt moment with the crowd; there were more than a few tears.

They nailed "The Luxury", "So Hard Done By" and "Poets", and I was able to see them perform my favourite Hip song of all time for the first time "Long Time Running". Well done, boys.

Stay strong, GD.

Rylant
    I feel the same. They were WAY overplayed on cfny back in the 90s and I just grew into Ministry and NIN at that time. But I have rediscovered songs like Thugs, Them Bones, Locked in the Trunked of a Car....great stuff both musically and lyrically.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

Read a great quote the other day.....
    Gord is not just the front man of the Hip, but the front man of Canada....... Just made me smile. For a generation The Hip have been the Canadian Band.

It will be bittersweet but I am so looking forward to seeing them live one last time.

Dobber Sports Genius

CBC to rebroadcast the concert on June 24th, 2017. Mark it down if you missed it. Didn't check start times.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'll be watching again. I'm prepared this time for the mic drop & his screams
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    CBC to rebroadcast the concert on June 24th, 2017. Mark it down if you missed it. Didn't check start times.
    8pm is what I heard.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

NHL draft June 23rd (night)
    NHL draft June 24th (day)
    Hip concert June 24th (night)

Sounds like beer weekend!

Dobber Sports Titan

Damn, I just realized that's the same night I'm downtown TO for the Arkells/July-Talk concert.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    NHL draft June 23rd (night)
    NHL draft June 24th (day)
    Hip concert June 24th (night)

Sounds like beer weekend!
    Looks like we're all celebrating Canada Day a week early. Fitting for a milestone anniversary, no?
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Titan

I was hoping they'd release a DVD or something of the whole tour.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Concert on tonight - got it playing upstairs and downstairs. Anyone else enjoying?
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Concert on tonight - got it playing upstairs and downstairs. Anyone else enjoying?
    I really hope a BluRay of this concert comes out.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy