Thread: Seguin + next years 1st rounder for KArlson and this years secon round pick- Fair?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Seguin + next years 1st rounder for KArlson and this years secon round pick- Fair?

Owner of Seguin wants draft picks this year.

I want more than Seguin for Karlson.

I think this is pretty fair

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Wallbanger
    Wallbanger

F(9 Start - 82 games)- Matthews, Marner, Point, Barkov, Larkin, Raymond, Zadina Dennisenko, Farabee, Tolvannen, Palat, Mcann , Carter , Barre Boulet
    D(6 Start - 82 games)- Makar,Hughes, Seider, Dobson, Josi, Grelcyk
    G(1 start - 82 games)- Sorokin, Varly

12 Team Year long Pool- No hits
    Salary Cap - $88M
    23 man Roster - keep 13
    no farm
    ------------------------------------------------------

G=3, A=2, +/-=+1/-1, PIM=.2, SOG=.1
    W=4, L=-2, Save=.1, SO=5

The Great One

Default Re: Seguin + next years 1st rounder for KArlson and this years secon round pick- Fair?

Personally I think you can afford to lose Karlson based on your D but what sort of pick will that be and what sort of player will you be able to pick up? If it is nothing substantial then I kind of see it as a sideways step TBH
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Seguin + next years 1st rounder for KArlson and this years secon round pick- Fair?

I wouldn't do it. I feel the 2016 draft to be deeper than 2017 and theres so a second rounder this year is likely like a 1st next year. It seems like a lateral move to me but you have a D contributing a pt/game pace. I love Seguin and he boasts your offense but I think the draft quality differences are enough to deter me.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

the first next year could be a nice player ( two years ago my brother took Giordano in this spot and last year I grabbed Larkin with my first) or a very good second level prospect like a Conner/Keller type prospect. We don not have a farm system so there is a lot of young talent in the draft

Also, the first could be very good trade bait during the season, very good

I want to team up Klingberg and Seguin. My D is way better than my O but that's by design. I think D wins salary CAP pools if you can get a very good D roster

Thanks
    Wallbanger

F(9 Start - 82 games)- Matthews, Marner, Point, Barkov, Larkin, Raymond, Zadina Dennisenko, Farabee, Tolvannen, Palat, Mcann , Carter , Barre Boulet

Salary Cap - $88M
    23 man Roster - keep 13
    no farm

W=4, L=-2, Save=.1, SO=5

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I also suggested KArlson and my 4th for Seguin and Krug

Do you like that better for me?
    Wallbanger

Salary Cap - $88M
    23 man Roster - keep 13
    no farm

W=4, L=-2, Save=.1, SO=5

The Great One

now that I like as I am bullish on Krug this year...

The Wolverine

You may know this and may not matter, but Krug is likely to miss the early part of the season (shoulder surgery in April with ~6 month timetable). Does that change anything?

Also, you mentioned Cap league but I see nothing in your signature. Perhaps you should make that clear.

Dobber Sports Titan

Let’s see, points at the end of the yr between the two were a wash (Karlsson 212.8, Seguin 212 (10GP less)), Karlsson is a D tho getting that production so he gets a bump. But if you pro-rate Seguin’s year to a full yr he ends up with 37.6G, 45.6A, +2, 18PIM, 316.6SOG, for 241.4 fantasy pts.

It’s literally a wash for me with those two players involved. Now for the pick, you’re giving a 169-182 player for a 156-169 player.

You’d need to give up a later pick for me to like this trade.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post

I am curious on the picks from your first offer. You say it's Seguin and a 1st for Karlsson and a 2nd. Where are those picks in the overall drafting? I know you don't know the 1st from last year, but you should have a good idea where it will be based on this years draft and how strong his team is. Is it going to be a high 1st or a low 1st? Also, the 2nd you are dealing in a 12 team league is actually a pretty solid 2nd round pick as this years draft is pretty solid.

If you can get Seguin and Krug for Karlsson and a 4th, that one looks better for you IMO. That 4th is still a solid pick from what I've seen in my drafts this year as there are a lot of solid 2nd and 3rd round picks in this years actual NHL draft.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Though Krug being injured will be a blow initially (P.s. pick up Miller) I think he slides straight in to the top line and top PP on his return

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I actually own C Miller and no way I can protect him in my 13 keepers

He will be a target to re draft, could be valuable in a cap league. Was last year when he played he produced quite nicely and is a top 10 prospect on dobbers D list

I value Lindell more
    Wallbanger

Salary Cap - $88M
    23 man Roster - keep 13
    no farm

W=4, L=-2, Save=.1, SO=5

The Wolverine

I actually own C Miller and no way I can protect him in my 13 keepers

He will be a target to re draft, could be valuable in a cap league. Was last year when he played he produced quite nicely and is a top 10 prospect on dobbers D list

I value Lindell more
    You should put the bold in your signature. This is very important for people to know, as it wasn't mentioned at the start.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    You should put the bold in your signature. This is very important for people to know, as it wasn't mentioned at the start.
    Also, are the picks being offered for your prospect draft or the redraft? Do you have a seperate draft for both? I also missed the fact that it's a limited keeper in your OP.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

I prefer this deal! There is a significant drop from Karlsson to Krug (although Krug is a great fantasy D) BUT Seguin easily makes up for it!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

I wouldn't expect you to have him as a keeper but just a heads up when re drafting

I do worry about the new deal if it's a cap league though