Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo fantasy hockey to open...same as last year

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Yahoo fantasy hockey to open...same as last year

Mock drafts appear to be working now. Haven't joined one yet, but will soon.
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Titan

Is it just my internet, or does it leave anyone else on the loading player data page and never get to the actual mock draft?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Oh, Yahoo!...once again you're screwing me over on position eligibility. Why can't you make Wayne Simmonds a LW/RW?
    WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER! (2006, 2011, 2015)
    Yahoo! Limited Keeper (Keep 1C, 1LW, 1RW, 1D, 1G annually; no player is permitted to be protected as a keeper for a period longer than three consecutive years) 10-team H2H League/Daily Starts (# in brackets)
    Centre (2): Scheifele, Seguin, Toews
    Right Wing (2): Laine (LW/RW) Lindholm (C/RW), Gallagher
    Left Wing (2): Tkachuk, Mantha (LW/RW), Lee, Gusev
    Defense (4): Ristolainen, Doughty, Gustafsson, Gostisbehere, Byfuglien
    Utility (1): Haula (C/LW)
    Goalie (2): Andersen, Dubnyk, Raanta
    IR:
    Skater Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIMS, SOG, FOW, Hits, BKS
    Goalie Stats: W, SV%, GAA, SO

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by markpiel View Post
    Oh, Yahoo!...once again you're screwing me over on position eligibility. Why can't you make Wayne Simmonds a LW/RW?
    Ah, good deal. If we're griping about position eligibility now then it must mean everything's working.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ace

I tried to get into the mock drafts... Just kept trying to "load player data". Not sure if it's working properly or not.
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Is it just my internet, or does it leave anyone else on the loading player data page and never get to the actual mock draft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Two On One View Post
    I tried to get into the mock drafts... Just kept trying to "load player data". Not sure if it's working properly or not.
    Okay so it's not just me.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Okay so it's not just me.
    Not you. Just tried to join 09:02 draft and got stuck.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post
    Not you. Just tried to join 09:02 draft and got stuck.
    Me three. Feeling dumb now for trying to do this on the first day. No time to work out the kinks. oh, well.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I've been trying to get in a mock... just "Downloading Player Data" and the ol' "spinning load wheel".
    Bah.

Quick Notes on what I've seen.

1. Positional Eligibility. HOORAY! HOORAY! For all the bitching we do about this... FINALLY, FINALLY they cleaned up... and, they did a GOOD JOB! Not great, but very good. First off, Burns & Buff have been listed as RW/D for the last 3 seasons Nope, gone. Both are straight D. Guys like Malkin, Giroux, Stamkos, Carter, Kesler, Bryan Little have been C/RW each of the last few years. Fixed. All are straight C. A couple mistakes. Ryan O'Reilly is a C/LW - he was clearly a fulltime C last year. As was Jordan Staal, left to be C/LW. Zetterberg was left at C/LW and he's really a full-time C.

But they left Pavelski as C/RW, Filppula as C/RW, and MacKinnon as C/RW - fairly so.

With Backes going to BOS - they (somebody!) actually pegged him as straight RW... and I have no problem with that because if he plays top 6... he's probably a RW.

Sharp & Abdelkader rightfully kept their LW/RW... but Yahoo! did strip it from a lot of guys.

2. Rankings.
    Yes - they are terrible... but Yahoo! has often opened with a straight statistical 2-year average of player stats. That means that a 50pt McDavid is worth 25pts averaged over past two years... or that Price is basically slotted as a 23 win goalies with great peripherals. They DO fix these about 3-4 weeks in, so no need to get panties in a bunch.

As an example:
    Jakub Voracek
    Yahoo #3 overall in 2014-2015
    Yahoo #74 overall in 2015-2016
    He's ranked at #43. (Pretty much an average of last two seasons)

3. Mocks aren't working.
    They'll sort it out. I'm sure somebody will talk to the "football guys" and find out what the problems are.

For now, I give Yahoo! a thumbs up just for finally getting positional eligiblity straightened out... mostly.
    Out of curiousity, I now want to go to NHL.com and see if they are same-sourcing by positions.
    Yes - Backes IS listed as RW there.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I've been trying to get in a mock... just "Downloading Player Data" and the ol' "spinning load wheel".
    Bah.

Quick Notes on what I've seen.

1. Positional Eligibility. HOORAY! HOORAY! For all the bitching we do about this... FINALLY, FINALLY they cleaned up... and, they did a GOOD JOB! Not great, but very good. First off, Burns & Buff have been listed as RW/D for the last 3 seasons Nope, gone. Both are straight D. Guys like Malkin, Giroux, Stamkos, Carter, Kesler, Bryan Little have been C/RW each of the last few years. Fixed. All are straight C. A couple mistakes. Ryan O'Reilly is a C/LW - he was clearly a fulltime C last year. As was Jordan Staal, left to be C/LW. Zetterberg was left at C/LW and he's really a full-time C.

But they left Pavelski as C/RW, Filppula as C/RW, and MacKinnon as C/RW - fairly so.

With Backes going to BOS - they (somebody!) actually pegged him as straight RW... and I have no problem with that because if he plays top 6... he's probably a RW.

Sharp & Abdelkader rightfully kept their LW/RW... but Yahoo! did strip it from a lot of guys.

2. Rankings.
    Yes - they are terrible... but Yahoo! has often opened with a straight statistical 2-year average of player stats. That means that a 50pt McDavid is worth 25pts averaged over past two years... or that Price is basically slotted as a 23 win goalies with great peripherals. They DO fix these about 3-4 weeks in, so no need to get panties in a bunch.

3. Mocks aren't working.
    They'll sort it out. I'm sure somebody will talk to the "football guys" and find out what the problems are.

For now, I give Yahoo! a thumbs up just for finally getting positional eligiblity straightened out.
    Out of curiousity, I now want to go to NHL.com and see if they are same-sourcing.
    1. Completely agree. Makes for some more interesting decisions this coming year.
    2. I'll get my panties in a bunch if I want to when McDavid is ranked outside of the top quarter of listed NHL players
    3. It's not the fact that we can't do mocks that bugs me, it's that we're just so tantalizingly close to being able to!

Dobber Sports Star

I don't know why people complain about the rankings. I LOVE when they're all screwy like this! It gives an extra edge over less competent opponents, and if somebody wants to draft Bergeron and Neal with their first 2 picks, why would you want to stop them?!

And yes, they will "fix" them at some point, though it's interesting to hear how they come up with these initial rankings. Makes sense to some degree, but I wonder if they wouldn't be better served just ranking them based solely on the previous years stats. That way people would at least know where it's coming from instead of being perplexed about McDavid being 297 (obviously this is just gross)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

Pavelski was C LW RW as with Nyquist who is now LW RW

I love the clean up!
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't know how you guys are getting mock drafts. I just get told "Mock drafts for Fantasy Hockey ' 16 are closed for the season
    See you next year!"

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't know how you guys are getting mock drafts. I just get told "Mock drafts for Fantasy Hockey ' 16 are closed for the season
    See you next year!"
    We weren't actually getting into any. They realized they screwed up, and they've closed it now. I see the same message now.

Dobber Sports Icon

I like the new feature under the Draft tab - "Last Season". It sorts by team and shows where the players were drafted, how they performed and what their ranking is for the coming season.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".