Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: In talks to get Carey Price. Could be my biggest trade yet

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: In talks to get Carey Price. Could be my biggest trade yet

That's still pretty ugly for you. Now you've added TJ and a 2nd rounder for Point (who isn't any better than the youngsters you're giving up) and a 1st round pick in 2019...a draft where the kids who are draft eligible aren't even playing major junior hockey yet...

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    That's still pretty ugly for you. Now you've added TJ and a 2nd rounder for Point (who isn't any better than the youngsters you're giving up) and a 1st round pick in 2019...a draft where the kids who are draft eligible aren't even playing major junior hockey yet...
    i took out brassard. it was suppose to be brassard but victoria owner wanted johnson so i got point and a first rounder added. is that still bad

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    i took out brassard. it was suppose to be brassard but victoria owner wanted johnson so i got point and a first rounder added. is that still bad
    That's a measly return for TJ. I figure, the push to get Kopitar and Price to make your team more competitive this year and push closer to contention. But with everything you're giving up, its more 1 step forward, 3 steps back to me with the trade you're trying to complete.

If you're just trying to trade for fun and don't care, by all means go for it. But if you're actually trying to build a dynasty and a winning team, you really need to run away from the idea of this trade with everything you have labels on to throw on the next FedEx truck out of town.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yes.

If you want Price you simply have to offer your two best players and hope that is enough to get him. in an earlier post you said you want him at all costs.. I would cut out the 3 team deal... and deal what it takes to get price.

Dobber Sports Stud

you should take his team, someone take your team and let the other guy have the other team...

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Veteran

I love to trade as much as the next GM, but you need a plan, otherwise you're going to end up with a roster nobody wants and you won't be happy.

If you want Price at all costs and don't care what shape your team is in then I suggest accept the trade.

IMO, forget about the 3 team trade. You're gutting your team to get Price when your goaltending isn't that bad.
    You have a stud in Hellebuyck and good young players Barkov, Bennett etc.

If Price is a must have (and I understand why given your comment about knowing him back when), deal strictly with the Price owner.

Looks like you were close. Ask him what he wants to make it happen. If you can live with the answer then pull the trigger.
    You get the guy you want.
    Otherwise identify a solid core group to go with Hellebuyck and with the remaining players look to upgrade your weak spots.

Good luck.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Veteran

PS: let us know how it all turns out.
    So far it's like watching a train wreck, you don't want to watch, you know the outcome, but you want to read about to be sure , maybe it was all a bad dream
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    So far it's like watching a train wreck, you don't want to watch, you know the outcome, but you want to read about to be sure , maybe it was all a bad dream
    So far it's like watching a train wreck: YES IT IS
    you don't want to watch: OH, BUT IT DO. I REALLY DO
    you know the outcome: NOBODY KNOWS WHERE THIS IS GOING TO END UP. NOBODY!!!
    but you want to read about to be sure: I'M ON TEAM STUNTMAN
    maybe it was all a bad dream: NO, THIS IS THE DISTRACTION FROM THE BAD DREAM
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Veteran

In a word YES.

You are giving up 82 starts on an up and coming team AND WAY MORE for 60 starts on a team in flux.

I didn't read everything Stuntman, but I think you are getting a rep in that league and it isn't a good one for you. Keep what you have. Take a week off. Look at what you started with at the draft and look at what you have now (just add up points from last year and compare).

This all reminds me of my childhood. I had twin neighbours who introduced me to trading toys. After a couple years I had nothing. No atari, no matchbox cars, no GI Joe, nothing.

Step back from the ledge.

Dobber Sports Monster

Stamp of approval by me and shawinigan, all we have to do is wait for victoria to accept

i can hear the train a coming!

- - - Updated - - -

I THOUGHT I SHOULD GET PRICE AT ALL COSTS IN A 20 TEAM START 1 LEAGUE?

not everyday price becomes available

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes.

If you want Price you simply have to offer your two best players and hope that is enough to get him. in an earlier post you said you want him at all costs.. I would cut out the 3 team deal... and deal what it takes to get price.
    i had to get the 3rd team involved because Shawinigan wanted Rask who is on Victorias team and values him more than Hellebuyck lol.

Dobber Sports Monster

I think i better hang onto those forwards. As much as I want price my head has cooled down and told me to not pay that much for Price. Hellebuyck is fine for now. I want to win a championship really bad in this league. We win a trophy if we ever win

I'm going to cancel

Dobber Sports Monster

he got mad when i said i was advised by you guys not to. he said "what nutters are you listening to?"

The Great One

Now stay away from any hard liquor lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think i better hang onto those forwards. As much as I want price my head has cooled down and told me to not pay that much for Price. Hellebuyck is fine for now. I want to win a championship really bad in this league. We win a trophy if we ever win

I'm going to cancel
    "You're" head? Or the resounding No commented from pretty much everyone who has responded to you posts regarding this and virtually every trade offer you have posted on here?

Don't get me wrong Stuntman, this is the very reason for this site, to get information on everything fantasy hockey. To ask the EXTREMELY knowledgeable user base all of your questions for the best insight on every player, for every type of pool. But you dont even seem like you care about the advice that being bestowed upon you. I mean, its your team, do to it what you will, but are you actually seeking advice, or just like to talk about your moves or potential moves, if thats the case, just do them, then post them for a discussion and break down, see where you went wrong, or right if that happens? Maybe gain some insight on player evaluation and worth to help you out as you go with developing your team. What you are doing right now makes zero sense, other than to say, you beat the guy who had the most trades last season, that seems to be the goal?

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Deuces6 View Post
    "You're" head? Or the resounding No commented from pretty much everyone who has responded to you posts regarding this and virtually every trade offer you have posted on here?

Don't get me wrong Stuntman, this is the very reason for this site, to get information on everything fantasy hockey. To ask the EXTREMELY knowledgeable user base all of your questions for the best insight on every player, for every type of pool. But you dont even seem like you care about the advice that being bestowed upon you. I mean, its your team, do to it what you will, but are you actually seeking advice, or just like to talk about your moves or potential moves, if thats the case, just do them, then post them for a discussion and break down, see where you went wrong, or right if that happens? Maybe gain some insight on player evaluation and worth to help you out as you go with developing your team. What you are doing right now makes zero sense, other than to say, you beat the guy who had the most trades last season, that seems to be the goal?
    i respond as much as i can. there are so many responses surely i cannot stop and quote every single post. but to think i just post and not read or what not is insane.

i do the "right" thing and cancel the offer and I still get chewed out.