Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Report: Canucks will send Juolevi back to London

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Report: Canucks will send Juolevi back to London

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    If Kenny Holland publicly made this statement, folks would praise it as one of the things that has kept Detroit great. Vancouver does it and they're shredded.
    If Holland made it, I'd also say it's an irresponsible thing to say, because I think the statement itself is irresponsible, not the person making it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    If Kenny Holland publicly made this statement, folks would praise it as one of the things that has kept Detroit great. Vancouver does it and they're shredded.
    But Ken Holland doesn't make these statements.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Little late to the party here.
    Seems a little early to not even give him the chance to play his way onto the team, but I won't be upset to watch him in London again this year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Linden said that the plan is to have him in London. Plans can change obviously, and if Juolevi is clearly one of the top four or five defenders at camp, he'll stick in Vancouver.

However, the Canucks currently have eight dmen on one-way deals (Tanev, Edler, Gudbranson, Hutton, Sbisa, Tryamkin, Pedan and Biega) and obviously the Vancouver wouldn't want to lose a player like Pedan on waivers and bump Hutton and Tryamkin's ice.

I found it funny that a whole bunch of people just assumed Vancouver would plunk Juolevi into the lineup next year as a fresh 18-year-old because they're a bad team with a perceived poor defense. The depth in front of him coupled with the developmental risks make it pretty unlikely. Trevor is just echoing those feelings as well.

I'm right in line with Moses on this one.. 18-year-olds belong in a developing league, minus the truly elite or those that are well ahead of the pack physically and can provide a needed service on an NHL team.

Juolevi is going to be a very good player, but he still has work to do and plenty to learn. He'll get that and more under the guidance of Dale Hunter and the Knights organization.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Sage

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Exactly what you do with 18 year olds. Let them play with other 18 year olds
    ^^ This guy nailed it!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    ^^ This guy nailed it!
    Or he didn't perform to the best of his abilities because his GM already told him not to. I guess we'll never know.