Thread: Go for it ?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Go for it ?

PRetty easy guys.
    LAst year at the I traded B. Little for B. Marchand when Little went down because I was countender ( donc know how to write that lol)

I regret it for sure but I finished 2nd and made money so its ok

Now... The Little owner is open to trade him to make rooms for his rookies...

The deal would be

My T. Teravainen + 5th overall draft pick+ late rookie pick ( 30th overall in 2015 draft, so basicly a guess to hit)

for

His B. Little and 7th overall draft pick

By making this trade I would have top drop Ribeiro or Pominville or Yakupov or Marchand

Players available in draft are : Gostisbehere, Parayko, Panarin ( they should all be gone of course so left are : Duclair, Radulov, Palmieri, Vlasic, Atkinson, B. Elliott, Trocheck, C. Talbot, P. Mrazek....)

I also have the 11th overall pick.
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Go for it ?

Yeap. I would do it.

Little > Teravainen

Only giving up 2 spots and with the group of players available, you could get the guy you want at 7 just as easily as at 5.

And like you said, 30th overall.... not giving up much.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd do it for sure. Exaclty what penguin said
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Genius

Hmmmmm... So it it Teravainen for Little with a bit of noise going the other way.

If you like Little more than Teravainen then, yes, go for it. However, if you are someone that thinks Teravainen will finally has his break out year then the two players should be pretty close in points by the end of the year. The 5th for 7th cancel each other out. The 30th pick is a long shot and has to be considered the cost of doing business.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Pro

I also have Drouin Nylander and Domi in farm witch his why I think, I can lose Teravainen... still have other great prospect like Goldobin, Mccann, + the one in next draft ( 5 pick in top 30 nhl real NHL draft)
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Titan

100% would jump on board.
    Time to make the jump from 2nd to first!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Tiny it depends what you legitimately think will be there at 5 v 7. Personally in points only I think the swing may only be 10 points so it comes down to what you are potentially missing out on by sliding the two spots
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Icon

I definitely go for this trade. Little should still be productive as a number 2C in Winnipeg with lots of talent surrounding him. Teravainen has potential but who knows if he ever hits it and Carolina is not exactly full of great linemates for him. The 2 spot drop in pretty much negligible as is the 30th rookie (if he hits with it, it was more luck than anything)
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

Yup I like this one for you. Little will be top line again with Wheels..go for it.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Pro

I did guys, done deal !
    The deal was exactly what I said and I dropped M. Ribeiro ( who will not even be pick by anybody)

Thanks as always

The Great One

Good trade. For a team in win now, Little for that package is the right move, IMO.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by sharpp87 View Post
    I did guys, done deal !
    The deal was exactly what I said and I dropped M. Ribeiro ( who will not even be pick by anybody)

Thanks as always
    There are very few leagues in which he is worth rostering. A deep points only league would be about it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)