Thread: Tendy advice

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Tendy advice

Opinions wanted,

Dynasty League (points only) Goalies are scored 2 points for a win and 1 point for a shutout.

Depth Chart
    1. Lundqvuist
    2. Schneider
    3. Luongo

Last season I went with Henrik as my starter most of the time, but to my surprise Florida had a tremendous season and Luongo ended up earning me a lot of extra points when I subbed him in. My plan last season was to cut Luongo in the offseason and snag a younger goalie in the entry/undrafted draft to eventually replace Schneider. BUT since the goalies in my league only get points for wins is this still a good idea? NYR aren't a top team anymore and Lundqvuist's starts are going to go down. Schneider is an elite goalie but on a likely non playoff team. FLA seemed to improve a lot in the offseason.

The potential Goaltenders available in the entry/undrafted draft are:
    Mrazek DET
    Vasilevsky TB
    Hellebuyck WPG
    Murray PIT

Looking to make a run at the title in 16/17, any feedback would be much appreciated!

The Great One

Default Re: Tendy advice

Luongo had off-season hip surgery and isn't supposed to be ready until November or something. And with Reimer and his 5-year deal, who knows what's in store for Florida's goalies next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Luongo is exposed in the expansion draft. Given Lou's injury, I'd drop him.

From the options listed, I like Mrazek the best for next year only. But the year after, I like Murray, Vas and Hellboy better, in that order.

The Great One

Schneider... Comparing him to Hank, as Luongo's injury and Reimer now there, is the on,y challenge amd I think the Devils amd Rangers are trending in opposite directions.

Dont nut think any of the possible adds better either of them next season either
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My answer pre-Hall trade would have been different, but now that NJ has bought themselves a legit scoring option that team is officially a wild card (upgraded from tire fire). NYR is beginning the downward spiral but I think Henrik still has a few 30-35 win seasons in him there and they should still be ok. NJ will improve but I think Henrik still gets more wins than Schneider. I like Luongo for this year (even with the surgery) as your 3rd goalie over the other options listed. Especially if you're wanting to compete. Gambling is fine if you're not sure or are back a ways, but if you want to compete you want as many known quantities as you can.
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm answering Schneider whether Hall is there or not.
    Having 3 goalies seems to be a waste, so trade Hank, keep Lu (find someone to back up for you for the first month and a half). Don't bother drafting a goalie, just stock up on F and D to make your run.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

you and your anti goalie ways lol

I would wait until the season starts to trade Hank as everyone seems down on the Rangers and him and I don't think he will be as bad as people think

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the feedback gents! So you guys think I should just go with Henrik and Schneid? Our rosters for the entire season have to be set the day after the draft, so whoever I have then is on my team for that year. No waiver wire.
    For that reason I keep 3 Tendy's JUST in case multiple injuries happen. You might say I'm paranoid but with my past luck in fantasy sports has taught me anything ......
    Extra forward/dman would be good but not having a player starting could be detrimental to the season.

Dobber Sports Ace

If you're exceptionally worried about injuries, then keeping all three won't hurt you too bad. I'd cut back to 2, but I suppose better safe than sorry. What you have is likely going to be better for you than anything available in the draft though, so no need to make a move that I can see.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jones Street Boys View Post
    Thanks for the feedback gents! So you guys think I should just go with Henrik and Schneid? Our rosters for the entire season have to be set the day after the draft, so whoever I have then is on my team for that year. No waiver wire.
    For that reason I keep 3 Tendy's JUST in case multiple injuries happen. You might say I'm paranoid but with my past luck in fantasy sports has taught me anything ......
    Extra forward/dman would be good but not having a player starting could be detrimental to the season.
    That's much more understandable then, especially with the fact all three of those goalies were injured at some point last year. With that info, I keep the three.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

The Great One

Who are the forwards/d men you would cut to keep the three thoigh?

Dobber Sports Novice

As of now I'd be for sure cutting Jurco, Jaskin, Paul Martin. And either Curtis lazar or Travis Hamonic

The Great One

Makes it 100 times easier then... I would definitely keep them over them

Dobber Sports Titan

Yup. That definitely simplifies it. Keep the 3 goalies 100%.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks again guys!