Thread: Subban in Nashville?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Subban in Nashville?

How do we all feel about Subban playing in Nashville this year for a points only salary cap league? He is available through free agency and was thinking i would try to add him. It would require me having to drop a dman(Goli) and a forward(most likely Killorn) to make the cap work.

Another dman available is Campbell. Will he see any bump in production this year being in Chicago? His contract is super easy to fit in this year, he would certainly out produce his aav would he not?

Another option is Ben Hutton in Van. He had a pretty deecent year last year, might not be a bad pick-up as a spare dman for injuries or something like that.

What is everyones thoughts on these players?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Subban in Nashville?

I would pick up Subban and drop Goli for sure. Is there any other forwards that you would be able to replace Killorn with if you have to drop him as well?

Dobber Sports Rookie

I have a very young team, with a bunch of second year players who almost produced as much as killorn or out produced him, i am not overly concerned with the loss of killorn, i have Johansson as spare guy as well that would slot in for him too. I am looking at it as is the point differential too large between goli/killorn(77pts) to Subbans 55-60 to much much. I feel like the consolidation of two players/roster spots to have one player that produces a little bit lower not better roster space management?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt2012 View Post
    I have a very young team, with a bunch of second year players who almost produced as much as killorn or out produced him, i am not overly concerned with the loss of killorn, i have Johansson as spare guy as well that would slot in for him too. I am looking at it as is the point differential too large between goli/killorn(77pts) to Subbans 55-60 to much much. I feel like the consolidation of two players/roster spots to have one player that produces a little bit lower not better roster space management?
    This depends on the rules of your league, the positions that you start.

If subban is at 9 million

Killorn - 4.45 million
    Goligoski - 5.475 million
    Total - 9.925

Can you find a rookie or a league minimum guy that is going to put up 20 + points?

The Great One

As outlined it would depend who the player is you bring in with the difference
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Atkinson is available, not too sure he would be available to me at my second pick though. Then again, there is not alot of teams that can fit in Subbans aav, so maybe i target Atkinson first, then hope that Subban is available to me in the second round. This is a gamble though. I would rather have Suban over Atkinson i think.

Dobber Sports Titan

Not sure when your draft was, but I hope you ended up with both Subban and Atkinson. That would have been the best case scenario here.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Free agent is not until September, won't know anything more until then. It's a ten team league, so it's doubtful that Atkinson is available for me again at 18th overall. Lots of guys with cap issues, Atkinson will help out a lot of gms, unfortunately.

Wave bye bye to Goligoski and Killorn!! Say hello to PK Subban!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Subban + whoever you can pick up > Killorn and Goligoski.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy