Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Josh Gordon Reinstated - Suspended first 4 games of 2016-17

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Josh Gordon Reinstated - Suspended first 4 games of 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    My thinking is get him cheap (guy who owns him just brought in 3 keepers for a top 10 player he traded away, so he’s not keeping Gordon), and do it now, before he touches a football. So I have the option of keeping him if he’s clean.

I may be going overkill on using a keeper slot on him, but when Wilson is a keeper in a PPR league, I’m not going anywhere without high risks.
    What kind of an asset would you likely have to trade to get him, and what kind of an asset do you think you could trade Wilson for?

Dobber Sports Expert

[QUOTE=BreadManPanarin;1642596]I think you might be getting a little bit overexcited here. Keeping Gordon over Russell Wilson would be a big mistake in my opinion. If you want him, try to get him in the draft if his owner doesn't keep him or trade for him after the draft. He could be absolutely amazing again, but the odds of it happening are much lower than the odds of it not happening IMO. Note: In my keep-all league if I offered Josh Gordon ($3) to the Russell Wilson ($4) owner in a straight up swap, he would not even respond to my text unless it was to laugh at me hysterically.[\QUOTE]

A keep-all is different than a limited keeper. Gordon holds more value than a QB in a PPR league that is not a 2QB league or a 14+ teamer. QBs are a dime a dozen, hell Blake Bortles finished as the #4 QB in standard leagues last year (yes I know Wilson finished ahead of him, but thats not my point). You can find value all through the draft and by streaming QBs. Wilson no longer has Lynch, expect a regression from Baldwin and "Mr. I fell off the TE cliff" in Jimmy Graham. Gordon has a pretty high upside and is worth the gamble as a keeper.

Not that I expect a huge rebirth out of RG3, but the two did play together at Baylor. I anticipate they should find some good chemistry early on in camp.

Dobber Sports Titan

Our league is a keep 4 or 5, if you keep 5 you forfeit your 1st round pick. I have 3rd overall pick. So likely 3rd overall and 8th –ish overall. I have 2 9th round (4th full round after keepers), 3 10th round picks (5th full round after keepers), 2 11th, 2 12th and 2 13th round picks.

Wilson, no one will trade for a QB. Just not worth it. Last yr I think it was Manning, Rogers, Wilson (me), and Luck kept. Just don’t see someone trying to grab Wilson for a keeper.

Gordon, I’d be giving a late round pick up is my idea. It’s more to secure him on my team, and I have enough picks where I can go and get those more secure options.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

[QUOTE=Goldendelicious;1642605]
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    A keep-all is different than a limited keeper. Gordon holds more value than a QB in a PPR league that is not a 2QB league or a 14+ teamer.
    Yeah, my initial response was before he mentioned PPR. That changes things for me because Gordon will likely be a target hog even if he isn't transcendent like in 2013. I don't mind giving up a late round pick to get Gordon in that case.

Gents, a "keep all" league is a dynasty league. Might resolve any confusion when asking/answering questions in threads.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I dont think i would count on him being available on waivers in any but the shallowest of leagues. Gotta imagine there will be at least one owner per league who salivates at the possibility of snagging circa 2013 Gordon with a mid/late round pick and stashes him away for the first 4 games. I actually wouldnt be surprised if some owners jump the gun and take him before that WR30 spot, passing up much surer talent in the process.
    Not in any home leagues. True. But you have to remember It's not just the long time off, lack of football shape,new offense, and suspension...Gordon is on VERY thin ice. I prefer drafting him as a WR4 in redraft leagues, but I get the WR3 ADP depending on your format. Point being, we can't discount the huge risk that he is just because of some relatively good news.

He's going to be over drafted, I have no doubt.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

This was a good read
    https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/...tasy-football#

It says he’s a WR4 on your 12 team league (to play it safe), but should be drafted as a WR3 (top36).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

His quad injury is all the more reason to draft him as a WR4. Murmurs now that he may not even be able to play when eligible in week 5.

With all the inherent risk such as compensatory injuries from being away from the game for so long and obvious prior discipline issues don't over draft Gordon. His ceiling is as equally high as his floor is low.
    @SmittysRant