Thread: 2016 draftees that will start in NHL

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: 2016 draftees that will start in NHL

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    Matthews, laine, puljujarvi for sure
    dubois, most probably
    sergachev, pretty good chance
    juolevi, very tiny chance

no one else. i'm pretty sure it's been made clear that tkachuk is going back to London (and moving over to RW as well).

+1 ON that!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    I agree. On the left side he's behind Markov, Beaulieu and Emelin at the moment.

I'd love to see him come up and get mentored by Markov but that probably won't happen until 17-18 season, unless one of those guys gets hurt. He's been a beast in the development camp with a hat trick and standing up to McCarron. Not bad for the youngest guy there.
    If he earns the spot, they'll make room for him. Emelin especially has been rumored to be on the block for a while now, and they could also move one of them to the right side. It's not ideal but possible.

But yeah, I wouldn't be putting more than maybe 25% odds for Sergachev either. Maybe the best odds after the top-4 but still more than likely to be returned to junior.

Administrator

I wouldn't go past the top 4 picks for production this year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

Sergachev is the #1 D on a stacked Windsor team that is hosting the Mem Cup and going to be a serious threat to take the crown...That kind of experience is invaluable for his development. He'll be at camp and then sent back for the year without a 9-game shot.

Matthews, Laine and Pul will start and play the whole season in the NHL (slight chance the latter 2 get sent to the A for a brief period).

Dubois will get a 9-game stint and whether or not he sticks will be completely up to his performance.

Tkachuk I figure will get a 9-game stint to get a taste but figure he's going back to London regardless.

I don't see any Dman (Juolevi, Sergachev, Chychrun, Bean etc.) getting a 9-game stint

Nylander & McLeod I think could have up to a 9-game stint as well but highly dependent on how their camps go. Brown would have been here but bringing in Brassard I think hurt his chances of sticking beyond camp.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Sergachev is the #1 D on a stacked Windsor team that is hosting the Mem Cup and going to be a serious threat to take the crown...That kind of experience is invaluable for his development. He'll be at camp and then sent back for the year without a 9-game shot.

Matthews, Laine and Pul will start and play the whole season in the NHL (slight chance the latter 2 get sent to the A for a brief period).

Dubois will get a 9-game stint and whether or not he sticks will be completely up to his performance.

Tkachuk I figure will get a 9-game stint to get a taste but figure he's going back to London regardless.

I don't see any Dman (Juolevi, Sergachev, Chychrun, Bean etc.) getting a 9-game stint

Nylander & McLeod I think could have up to a 9-game stint as well but highly dependent on how their camps go. Brown would have been here but bringing in Brassard I think hurt his chances of sticking beyond camp.
    I'm with GD on this one. Top three stick, Dubois is a maybe after 9, Tkachuk maybe gets his 9 games in before he is sent back for another run at the Memorial Cup.

That's all....
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Titan

Just because I can’t see any rookie liking playing with Torts, Dubois doesn’t make it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Would love to see Dubois stick in CBJ. If it happens, my money would be on him playing as a winger, not a centre, at least for a while, IF he makes it. That being said, believe it will be the top three only with the possibility of a surprise from one of the bigger bodies of the draft.