Thread: Anatoly Golyshev - 2016 Draft, 96th overall (NYI)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Anatoly Golyshev - 2016 Draft, 96th overall (NYI)

Any idea when he will come over? Contract status? Will he go to tryouts this season? Pretty impressive KHL stats for a young man

Administrator

Default Re: Anatoly Golyshev - 2016 Draft, 96th overall (NYI)

I'm intrigued by this guy because in fantasy leagues I'm less worried about risk when it comes to prospects. Looks like he's signed in the KHL for a while but the Isles are trying to get him over.

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2016...id-quenneville

No. 96 - Anatoli Golyshev, W, Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg (KHL)

Lots of folks have lots of good things to say about the diminutive Golyshev, who led his Russian club with 25 goals this season at age 21. Elliotte Friedman reported that he was a player with some buzz going into the draft, and Leafs Nation called him the possibly best unsigned prospect in the world. Talent, it appears, isn't the issue.
    What is the issue is whether or not the Islanders can get him to North America, which is a song we've heard before. Golyshev has a contract with Yekaterinberg that runs until 2019. After Day 2, Islanders head amateur scout Velli-Pekka Kautonen said he believes there was a chance the team could buy Golyshev out of that contract. Sounds like itwon't be easy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Anatoly Golyshev - 2016 Draft, 96th overall (NYI)

If he gets bought out of his KHL contract I'm thinking it won't be until after the 17/18 season but I don't think it's bad that he continues to play in the KHL. Gives a chance to prove that last season wasn't an outlier, he hadn't really done much in 2 previous seasons. Not the end of the world if he comes over even at the end of his KHL contract having put up 4 solid seasons in the KHL and only being 25.