Thread: Provorov - Likely peripherals

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Provorov - Likely peripherals

Hey everyone,

I am entertaining an offer for my second overall pick, in which Provorov would be one of several quality assets coming my way. What I am wondering is, for those who have seen him play, or are familiar with his game, is he going to be good for more than just points? Is he going to give me good hit, block, and shot totals as well?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Provorov - Likely peripherals

So you would be giving up Matthews/Laine for Provorov + + + ?

What are the other pieces to the puzzle, if you don't mind me asking?

Provorov is going to be a multi-cat stud eventually (usually takes a couple of years for the young defensemen to really start getting their hits and blocked shots up)...

Still too early to say but, a few years into his career, I think we will start seeing him post similar numbers to either:

OEL (best case scenario): ~55-60 points / ~220 SOG / ~20+ PPP / ~150 hits / ~80 blocked shots

AP (2016 numbers -- more conservative): ~35-40 points / ~180 SOG / ~10 PP / ~80 hits / ~120 blocked shots

I think somewhere in between would be a good guestimation.

Either way, I'd like to see what other pieces you are getting as sooner rather then later Matthews and Laine will be the next Kopitar/Malkin and Ovechkin/Stamkos/Wheeler -- pretty amazing players.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm with vibe, I feel ghost will limit him going into the 55+ point territory. 45-50 180 SOG 15-20 ppp 180-200 H+B
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    So you would be giving up Matthews/Laine for Provorov + + + ?

What are the other pieces to the puzzle, if you don't mind me asking?

Provorov is going to be a multi-cat stud eventually (usually takes a couple of years for the young defensemen to really start getting their hits and blocked shots up)...

Still too early to say but, a few years into his career, I think we will start seeing him post similar numbers to either:

OEL (best case scenario): ~55-60 points / ~220 SOG / ~20+ PPP / ~150 hits / ~80 blocked shots

AP (2016 numbers -- more conservative): ~35-40 points / ~180 SOG / ~10 PP / ~80 hits / ~120 blocked shots

I think somewhere in between would be a good guestimation.

Either way, I'd like to see what other pieces you are getting as sooner rather then later Matthews and Laine will be the next Kopitar/Malkin and Ovechkin/Stamkos/Wheeler -- pretty amazing players.

Think this his sums it up nicely - VV I wish you'd post more often as I do like reading your thoughts
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks everyone. Rep all around. VV, I am always a little reluctant to post full trade details, but I will PM to satisfy your curiosity. Definitely +++ or I wouldn't be considering it, but Provorov would probably be the best peace.

The Great One

Post it afterwards as I'd like to see it too whether you accept or no
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Personally, I would probably not be moving #2 if the best piece coming back my way was Provorov. There are more exciting prospects than a potential 50 point defenseman out there, and the guy you would be getting at #2 is one of them.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Thanks everyone. Rep all around. VV, I am always a little reluctant to post full trade details, but I will PM to satisfy your curiosity. Definitely +++ or I wouldn't be considering it, but Provorov would probably be the best peace.
    Just wondering if your reluctance is anything to do with concern the other guy might see the discussion of the trade on here? Most Dobber fantasy GMs are quite smart and are going to be able to figure out if it is there trade whether you post the full details or not.

Anyways... I would also be curious as to the package... but seeing the kid play in Brandon, he is a minute muncher and plays a well-rounded game. Vibes predictions are realistic for sure.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Just wondering if your reluctance is anything to do with concern the other guy might see the discussion of the trade on here? Most Dobber fantasy GMs are quite smart and are going to be able to figure out if it is there trade whether you post the full details or not.
    Exactly! If you have league-mates on here, they know who you are without you having to post any details

I know that a couple of the guys in my league are on here regularly and I have my signature listed so they know who I am but I doubt they know that I am aware who they are. At the end of the day, this is just feedback. The advice you are personally getting in this thread in regards to Provorov's skillset and value has been talked about in numerous other threads. If your league-mates are on here, no matter what is tossed up in this thread, they are aware of this community's take on him.

IMO you are better off listing out the whole trade in order to get the best feedback possible or not post anything up and just PM a couple of members to get their take on the whole deal.

Feel free to PM me if you need any feedback on the matter. As a Provorov owner, I have followed him pretty closely in the past year.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay