Thread: Dog days of summer. Rate my rebuilt team.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dog days of summer. Rate my rebuilt team.

His I inherited this signature team last year and have been working hard to transition this veteran middle of the road team into a team with actual champion POTENTIAL. All opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance.
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

The Great One

Default Re: Dog days of summer. Rate my rebuilt team.

That's a nice little team. Lots of forwards with potential whilst the D is on point just no depth?

what sort of deals did you have to make to get here?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Traded krecji for Drouin and a pick. Eric stall for grandlund and fiala. Flipped galleger and reiley smith for Reinhart and ehlers. And picked up forsberg in as a throw in a much brigger deals. He hadn't really broken out. The rest of the team was either drafted recently or picked up off the waiver wire

Dobber Sports Apprentice

All the prospects have been picked up recently. Flipped crouse for provorov. Ranaten picked up for lee stepniack. And recently flipper zacha for sampsonov and Meier.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Mzark was swapped for Dylan strome

The Great One

I wondered if the Zacha acquisition was the one you raised a few days ago - a nice body of work amd so,e real steals there

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah it was. Have a number of rookies coming up this year and don't want to try and fit another. Samsonov is a few years away and Meier isn't the lock that zacha is this season. Bought myself some time. Lol

The Great One

I remember you saying that - sometimes those trades look like losses but they 'work' based on the rest of your roster - you don't want to hear what I had to give Kane away for in my salary cap league due to some of the extensions this Summer! I lost the deal but the team dictated I had to do it

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah salary cap leagues offer the other angle of a challenge. I obviously don't operate in a cap league. I just stayed the play fantasy hockey recently. Player mostly baseball and football. Lol. I'm enjoying the learning experience.

The Great One

TBH last season I really decided to get into a couple of H2H ones and I think I enjoy them more than non cap leagues now - only as all my leagues are dynasty leagues so it means the top teams have to get really creative (one league I'm in the top teams d is a murderer's row and because it's non cap/non limited keeper he is set for the next 5-6 years easy and is a little disheartening - think that league may die because of it)

so if anyone reading has any openings for limited keeper leagues I wouldn't mind completing my repertoire lol

Dobber Sports Master

Great looking young team. I hope it all works out for you in the end, and before too long a wait...lol!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jager's Mullet View Post
    Flipped crouse for provorov.
    Ranaten picked up for lee stepniack.
    And recently flipper zacha for sampsonov and Meier.
    Wow, three beauty moves for the longterm.. You are definitely in a rebuild and doing a great job thus far!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

Stempniak for Rantanen? Good lord, is Jim Benning in your fantasy hockey league?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He was making a push for the playoffs. Stepniack was hot at the trade deadline