Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ilya Sorokin for Eric Comrie, Jamie Phillips

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Ilya Sorokin for Eric Comrie, Jamie Phillips

I actually like Comrie quite a bit and I think he is going to be a solid NHL goalie, I'm not sure that will be in Winnipeg though with Hellebuyck there.. I understand that people would shy away from Comrie because of Hellebuyck.. But to say that Sorokin is "much much" better then Comrie, I just don't believe that at all.. Sorokin has only played 88 games in the last 4 years, so how do we really know much about him??

Comrie is a solid prospect. If it wasn't for Hellebuyck I would actually recommend you proposing this deal and hoping for the best.. This one is a coin toss for me, definitely not something that is so cut and dry..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I actually like Comrie quite a bit and I think he is going to be a solid NHL goalie, I'm not sure that will be in Winnipeg though with Hellebuyck there.. I understand that people would shy away from Comrie because of Hellebuyck.. But to say that Sorokin is "much much" better then Comrie, I just don't believe that at all.. Sorokin has only played 88 games in the last 4 years, so how do we really know much about him??

Comrie is a solid prospect. If it wasn't for Hellebuyck I would actually recommend you proposing this deal and hoping for the best.. This one is a coin toss for me, definitely not something that is so cut and dry..
    Yeah, and Tristan Jarry would be a great prospect too, if it wasn't for Matt Murray. Talent is extremely important. So is opportunity.

You also seem to be forgetting that the OP is only targeting Comrie because he's in WPG's system. Even you concede that there is no room in WPG for Comrie.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Yeah, and Tristan Jarry would be a great prospect too, if it wasn't for Matt Murray. Talent is extremely important. So is opportunity.

You also seem to be forgetting that the OP is only targeting Comrie because he's in WPG's system. Even you concede that there is no room in WPG for Comrie.
    I'm with you that I think Jarry is one of the best goalie prospects around, and that he's just stuck behind a logjam in Pitt.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)