Thread: Ghost bear and Tkachuk for Laine?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Ghost bear and Tkachuk for Laine?

I am looking to make a move for Laine. My D core is pretty deep as 3 of my 5 keepers will be D (Buff, Josi, OEL) so I am pondering moving Ghost bear to acquire Laine. My starting offer will be Ghost but I don't think that will be enough. I have the 3OA and 4OA picks in the rookie draft this year so I plan to take Puljujarvi with my 3rd pick and Tkachuk with my 4th. But I am considering adding my Tkachuk pick to Ghost bear to try to get Laine. Is this an overpayment? Which side do you like better?
    10 teams, weekly matchup, play 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Scoring for skaters: G (4), A (2.5), +/- (.5), BLKS (.2), HITS (.2), SOG (.2), PIMS (.25), PPG (1), PPA (.5), SHG (3), GWG (1)
    Scoring for goalies: W (3), S/O (5), SV(0.2), GA(-1)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Ghost bear and Tkachuk for Laine?

If you're not keeping Ghost anyways, then you are basically moving #4 for #2 from the way I understand it. I would even add something to that if you have to.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    If you're not keeping Ghost anyways, then you are basically moving #4 for #2 from the way I understand it. I would even add something to that if you have to.
    Sorry. To clarify, we keep 5 veterans and 5 rookies (less than 170 NHL games played) from one year to the next. So Ghost bear would be a rookie keeper for me. He is my best rookie and has some signifiant trade value, especially since he will still be eligible to be kept as a rookie for the next 2 years (he has only played 66 NHL games)
    10 teams, weekly matchup, play 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Scoring for skaters: G (4), A (2.5), +/- (.5), BLKS (.2), HITS (.2), SOG (.2), PIMS (.25), PPG (1), PPA (.5), SHG (3), GWG (1)
    Scoring for goalies: W (3), S/O (5), SV(0.2), GA(-1)

The Great One

I'd do it as your d corps is still young enough... don't think I'd go higher than that though
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ghost+4th overall for Laine, I would take Laine. Don't go higher than that, though. The difference between Puljujärvi and Laine isn't huge.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by pier_hockey View Post
    Sorry. To clarify, we keep 5 veterans and 5 rookies (less than 170 NHL games played) from one year to the next. So Ghost bear would be a rookie keeper for me. He is my best rookie and has some signifiant trade value, especially since he will still be eligible to be kept as a rookie for the next 2 years (he has only played 66 NHL games)
    That makes more sense.
    In that case I agree with the others. Solid offer, but if he asks for more then it's a no.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

In a 10 team league, I think you're better off with Ghost. He's gonna have a bigger impact than Laine for atleast 2 seasons IMO. 10 team league, aka you should have a shot every year for the title. Especially with your keepers.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

The Great One

Goals and shots on goal are weighted though hence the appeal,for me

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would definitely want to add Laind to my stable of rookies!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Goals and shots on goal are weighted though hence the appeal,for me
    I think I'd give up Ghost and if you have to sweeten the pot, I'd deal that 4th overall as well to get Laine. He'll be Stamkos 2.0 if my hunch is correct.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Agreed