Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you manage your dynasty league on Yahoo?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: How do you manage your dynasty league on Yahoo?

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    If I wasn't so against Will Ferril movies then I would probably appreciate the reference a little more!

To answer the initial question though, most dynasty leagues run through yahoo need some other web page to keep everything straight. Whether it just be a google doc spreadsheet or it's own full forum. The comish definitely needs to have a fair bit of time on his hands for it t one successful.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by You Know Jay View Post
    What does the UI look like? Is the live draft portal comparable to Yahoo? Can anyone share some screenshots of what the roster management page looks like, along with the live draft portal and all the other insides of a standard league? Very curious to see how it is set up.
    Fantrax is pretty much the gold standard for hockey. I like it most for the roster page and the player database, which I find much more extensive for hockey than Yahoo, and the live draft portal is very much like both Yahoo and CBS. Yahoo makes their money on football and baseball and don't seem to devote a lot of resources to hockey. We used CBS for years, but they never had minors rosters for hockey and we had to manage them offline. However, I held off on Fantrax because they did not do auction drafting until this year. So this year I converted two hockey leagues and a baseball league from CBS. Very easy transition for the owners, even the Neanderthal in my main hockey league managed just fine. They have good commish tools that allow you to set it up pretty quick, maybe an hour. Some settings can be tricky (true on any platform) but in general I've found Fantrax to be more flexible and the support is very helpful. We have two separate drafts (pro and prospect), and although they didn't have that option built in yet, the support team told us two different ways how we could do it.

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

Dobber Sports Wizard

Fantrax is great, I don't miss Yahoo one bit. Yahoo had a lot of eye candy but nothing else. Fantrax might not look pretty but everything else is great. Very easy to use as well.

Dobber Sports Stud

I understand the appeal for yahoo, after all its free. However their fantasy sports are an afterthought IMHO. Yes they produce some good content but I do not like their position listings and they are frequently late to update players. The company is losing money big time.

Fantrax while it costs money really is a superior platform.

I think it boils down to this choice.

I am in leagues on both sites and shudder a little every time I point firefox at yahoo wondering what will be tweaked today.

Also it was announced that Verizon has purchased Yahoo, so further changes may be coming.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Can anyone share some screenshots of what the most current version of the UI looks like? I'd love to see the league page, roster page, player database and draft portal!
    16 Teams - Full Dynasty Keeper - H2H - 23 Players - 5 Farm Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by You Know Jay View Post
    Can anyone share some screenshots of what the most current version of the UI looks like? I'd love to see the league page, roster page, player database and draft portal!
    it would take you 10/15 minutes to setup a test league with fake team names , run an autodraft , then test settings til the cows come home.

have some of your trusted gm's join the test by giving them a fake team so they can fart around.

if your league at fantrax would be using premium features you wouldnt have to pay until OCTOBER .