Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crosby & Radulov vs. Giroux & Backstrom

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Crosby & Radulov vs. Giroux & Backstrom

Quote Originally Posted by junyab View Post
    If I'm giving up Backstrom and Giroux I'd want a little bit more than a pick...and Radulov has zero appeal to me.

I've declined similar offers for Crosby (giroux/malkin and giroux/ovi).

You say you expect the pick to give you a top 10 dman or top 5 goalie, but do you mean from the available non keepers? Or from the league in its entirety? Because the difference between the two is probably pretty huge.

I consider Backstrom a tier below Ovi/Malkin and I agree that either of those 2 former scoring champs along with Giroux is too much to give up for Crosby.

In a keep 7 going into the draft the pick is more valuable than adding a second player to the crosby side as the only players he has that I would want are too good and would make this an easy no deal for his side (Getzlaf for example). There is no point in adding a depth piece before the draft as it is more valuable to keep your 7 and draft that depth piece.

And the pick would be top 5 goalie or 10 dman for the entire league. Pretty much only forwards are kept so its very easy to draft elite goalies and 50 pt dmen.

Was considering keeping Ghost as my 7th if I made the trade but I can get two 2nds for him and won't get that much for Radulov. I could also keep a Huberdeau or Stepan but those types are easily re-draftable

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Crosby & Radulov vs. Giroux & Backstrom

Take Crosby and the pick
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]