Thread: Goalie trade Advice

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie trade Advice

Hey guys,
    I'm in a long term keeper league, mostly straight up points and blocked shots. This year we can only protect 12 guys and if i make this trade then i need to protect these 3 guys included. My goalie situation is probably pretty decent however Niemi drives me nuts and i'm not planning on keeping him....lol

Anyhow, here's the offer i was made. what do you guys think? rep will be given.

He gets: Huberdeau, Gostisbehere & Dylan Strome

I get: Jake Allen, Alex Goligoski and Pavel Buchnevich.

I'm really hesitant because of Strome and Ghost, however Allen will be the #1 in STL for sure and he's only a cap hit of $2.3 this year and only $4.3mil the next 4 year and our league is NHL Cap.

Note: my signature needs updating, but my other goalies are Price and Schneider.
    LouisT
    Keeper League -- Long Term Keeper -- AAV -- Heat to Head
    Forwards - G=1, A=1, +/-=.5, SHG=1
    Defence - G=1.5, A=1, +/-=1, Blocks=0.1
    Goalies - W=2,L=-1,SO=2,SV=.10,GA=-.75, A=2, OTL=-.5, G=20

Roster
    F: Barzal, Crosby, Dzingel, Galchenyuk, Heinen, Kadri, Marchessault, Matthews, Perron, Simmonds, Sobotka, Zuccarello, Bennett, Drouin, Hartman, Puljujarvi
    D: Forbort, Gostisbehere, McNabb, Oleksiak, Ristolainen, Shattenkirk, Coburn, Del Zotto, Fowler, Hanifin
    G: Price, Hellebuyck, Glass, Bernier
    R: Strome

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Goalie trade Advice

I don't like this deal for you. Ghost - hype or no hype I'll take over Goli & Strome I trust much more than Buchnevich.

Allen & Hubs are close in value. If you could do a smaller deal of Huberdeau for Allen - that's the route I would take. As a 3-3 this is an awful deal for you

Huberdeau for Allen would really solidify your D. I would expect the other owner to ask for Huberdeau + for Allen. Depending on how steep of a price that + is, I'd still do it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If you have Price and Schneider, I would not make this deal. I would keep Huberdeau and Ghost and Strome. Ghosts has way more upside than Goligoski.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Your goaltending is phenomenal with Price and Schneider. I didn't like this trade at first glance and seeing that Allen would be your third, I like it even less.

You can get a decent third goalie option elsewhere for cheaper, in the redraft or perhaps even off the waiver wire.

Dobber Sports Titan

Anothr voice saying hold. You don't need to make this trade, and it's a loss for you all in all.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I say you don't need Allen. and you do not want to trade away Ghost - like I did (I will feel badly for a long long time). do not do this.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

The Great One

I agree that with your top two goalies, you don't really need to trade for Allen.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I didn't even look at your current goalies. Allen was the only asset I saw worth acquiring of the three and if you don't need him. This deal makes zero sense for you
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks everyone!
    LouisT
    Keeper League -- Long Term Keeper -- AAV -- Heat to Head
    Forwards - G=1, A=1, +/-=.5, SHG=1
    Defence - G=1.5, A=1, +/-=1, Blocks=0.1
    Goalies - W=2,L=-1,SO=2,SV=.10,GA=-.75, A=2, OTL=-.5, G=20

Roster
    F: Barzal, Crosby, Dzingel, Galchenyuk, Heinen, Kadri, Marchessault, Matthews, Perron, Simmonds, Sobotka, Zuccarello, Bennett, Drouin, Hartman, Puljujarvi
    D: Forbort, Gostisbehere, McNabb, Oleksiak, Ristolainen, Shattenkirk, Coburn, Del Zotto, Fowler, Hanifin
    G: Price, Hellebuyck, Glass, Bernier
    R: Strome

The Great One

Just to echo the others... goaltending isn't a hole on your team with Price and Schneider so not sure why you would give so much up for what basically amounts to a third goalie for you
    Experience is the teacher of all things.