Thread: Overpaid for Hill & Roark

I...am your father.

Default Overpaid for Hill & Roark

I'm in a dead heat for first. My hitting has 1675 points and second in hitting is 1513.5 points. Yeah, my hitting is awesome. And the two teams up there with me rank 7th and 9th in hitting.

My pitching, however, ranks 13th. And that's improved over the last three weeks (16 teams)

Pitchers last month were (need 5 SP and 3 RP active):
    11 SP - Keuchel, Matz, McHugh, Volquez, Liriano, Nicasio (my only SP/RP elig), Glasnow (minors), Reed, Wood (IR), Richards (IR), Minor (IR)
    4 RP - Harris, Barraclaough, Rondon, Ramos

With Glasnow about to be called up anytime, Reed sucking, Wood coming back soon (and maybe Minor?) I had a logjam. I'm also about 75 IP behind the max, one of the lowest IP's in the league. That's wasting my IP's!

How I fixed:
    June 10 - traded 10th round pick for Matt Moore
    June 20 - drop Nicasio
    July 14 - traded Wood, Lorenzo Cain and Reed for Rich Hill. My hitting is so good that Cain couldn't get off my bench! I have Reddick/Blackmon/Kemp/Calhoun/CarGo and even Bryant can play LF (because I have Jake Lamb, who would also be stuck on my bench if I don't move Bryant to LF) and I have Altherr on IR
    July 14 - claim Foltynewicz. He had a two-start week so I was just going to stream him. But he's been doing so well that I'm going to hold him for a bit.
    July 21 - traded Richards (IR), Volquez, 4th round pick for Tanner Roark (SP/RP). Now I can put him in an RP slot for any two-start weeks and start burning some of those extra innings I have.

Pitching now (in order of points/game by our settings):
    SP - Hill, Roark (SP/RP), Matz, Keuchel, McHugh, Moore, Foltynewicz, Liriano, Glasnow (minors), Minor (IR)
    RP - Ramos, Rondon, Barraclough, Harris

I'm one point out of first, eight ahead of third, and we're all about 50 up on fourth.
    My ace in the hole - I own Gourriel, HOU. I already have Bryant. So I still have a spare, coveted bat
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Overpaid for Hill & Roark

Sounds like you're taking advantage of the extra bats. Tough with that log jam at 3B & OF. I'm sure you're religiously looking for other batting/pitching swaps in that area.
    Yes the deals may have been a bit of an overpayment if they were standalone, but with your situation, they are entirely warranted, and i would have done the same thing. Rich Hill probably also gets traded to a contender and racks up a nice number of wins to close out the season.
    Foltynewicz was a great add for me as well, he has been a great depth pitcher.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I...am your father.

I offered Lamb, a 1st and a 3rd for Chris Archer and Big Papi

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Titan

I love Archer as a buy low. How much do you even need Big Papi?
    Also what does the 1st (and 3rd) get you in the draft?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I love Archer as a buy low. How much do you even need Big Papi?
    Also what does the 1st (and 3rd) get you in the draft?
    In a 16-team 'keep 12' it does okay. Last year my first was Liriano. This year my first rounders were Lucroy and Crawford, and my third rounders were Kemp and Desmond. I drafted really well.

I need Big Papi in that my UT position is being used by either Lamb (1.9 fantasy points per game) or Crawford (1.9 fantasy points per game) or Kemp (1.7 points per game). Ortiz is at around 2.1 points per game. Just helps, I'm kinda almost in 'all or nothing' mode. I want the win

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    In a 16-team 'keep 12' it does okay. Last year my first was Liriano. This year my first rounders were Lucroy and Crawford, and my third rounders were Kemp and Desmond. I drafted really well.

I need Big Papi in that my UT position is being used by either Lamb (1.9 fantasy points per game) or Crawford (1.9 fantasy points per game) or Kemp (1.7 points per game). Ortiz is at around 2.1 points per game. Just helps, I'm kinda almost in 'all or nothing' mode. I want the win
    That sounds like it was a pretty solid draft. Makes sense that you're willing to part with the first though. There are options there, but no world-beaters.
    Papi would slot in well for you in that spot then. Tough to lose Lamb, but he is a great sell high at the moment (I don't think he can top this), probably a small step back coming.