Thread: Trade Eichel for Forsberg?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Trade Eichel for Forsberg?

Thanks guys! A lot to think about here

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Antwell49 View Post
    Thanks guys! A lot to think about here
    I personally would not think to long. He might retract his offer!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I agree with this. in Keep 4... you want to keep the 4 best players that will help you win this year. I would think Forsberg is more proven to help you win this year. plus you get a 4 round advantage.

So you get Forsberg, plus your first round pick and his first round pick to help you win this year.
    I have to agree with Penguin Hunter. If I were to pick one to go over 70pts next year, I take Forsberg, If you look at Tavares last year, he struggled to break 70pts. No guarantees Eichel will explode to pass that mark.

When you think about the player you're going to get in a keep 4 with the 7th overall pick - you're looking at the 63rd best player versus, 120th player (roughly based on 5th round) Who you get at #7 in the 1st is going to be significantly better than who you get in the 5th round.

Forsberg > Eichel this year + the upgraded pick. That does it for me
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

As long as that 7th overall is the re draft and not the prospect draft I definitely do it
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd be clinging to Eichel here. Forsberg+ is not close, in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Titan

Needless to say I'm on the Forsberg side here. They come out even over the next 2-3 years, plus you get the upgrade in picks.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Needless to say I'm on the Forsberg side here. They come out even over the next 2-3 years, plus you get the upgrade in picks.
    I feel Forsberg will be ahead for the next 2-3 years. The Nashville team is going to be a powerhouse. Buffalo's young guys will have a learning curve, similar to Edmontons struggles with all there young guys.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I feel Forsberg will be ahead for the next 2-3 years. The Nashville team is going to be a powerhouse. Buffalo's young guys will have a learning curve, similar to Edmontons struggles with all there young guys.
    I think Eichel is goo enough to drag himself into the conversation there. But it's close enough the next few years anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

I would not trade Eichel for Forsberg.
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Wow, I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd be clinging to Eichel here. Forsberg+ is not close, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomastop View Post
    I would not trade Eichel for Forsberg.
    I'm with these guys and gotta say that I am very surprised people are telling you to take Forsberg. He's a 60-65 point guy. He's never going to get 80 points...

Eichel could very well outscore him next year. And in 2-3 years it won't be close... Jack will be an 80-90+ point guy.

Hate repeating myself, but Jack Eichel is going to be a top 10 guy in the league sooner rather then later and shouldn't be traded unless you're getting yourself a package that 100% of us agree you should take - which just isn't the case right now.

You need to ask for more from the other owner or keep the more valuable (soon to be unattainable) player here... and I'm not talking about Forsberg.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

The Great One

Forsberg has just come off back to back 60 point seasons as a 20 amd 21 year old and now has a comtract that guarantees him golden boy status and also scored approx 39 in 42 games after the RyJo trade... What also seems to be forgotten here is that it isn't a straight swap and the draft pick also carries pretty good value who according to some could be the likes of Carlsson

so would I do Forsberg and Carlsson for Eichel? Yes. Could Eichel outscore Forsberg next year? Possibly but I do t think he does. Could Eichel have better numbers in 2/3 years? Probably but he doesn't outscore the combined production hence the love for Forsberg in this thread
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Forsberg has just come off back to back 60 point seasons as a 20 amd 21 year old and now has a comtract that guarantees him golden boy status and also scored approx 39 in 42 games after the RyJo trade... What also seems to be forgotten here is that it isn't a straight swap and the draft pick also carries pretty good value who according to some could be the likes of Carlsson

so would I do Forsberg and Carlsson for Eichel? Yes. Could Eichel outscore Forsberg next year? Possibly but I do t think he does. Could Eichel have better numbers in 2/3 years? Probably but he doesn't outscore the combined production hence the love for Forsberg in this thread
    This. It's totally the addition of the picks that sways this into the yes - trade Eichel camp. In a straight 1-1, I'd be inclined to reject the trade, but it's not.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

I understand all of that.

I am just saying that Eichel will not be available via re-draft if he deals him away today. He is a 1st or 2nd keeper today for rebuilding teams... in 2-3 years a 1st/2nd keeper for championship contending teams.

Whereas Forsberg will always be somewhere between a fringe keeper at best to a 1st (maybe even 2nd) rounder in redrafts in a keep 4, 14 team league.

He should be getting better value for a player that will be right behind McDavid in terms of production and value for many years to come.

I'd definitely be asking for more than Forsberg + one draft pick upgrade. At the very least get a second draft pick upgrade.
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Genius

Conversely, Eichel put up 56 points in his rookie season, on a terrible Buffalo Sabres squad. It's also a keep 4, so what's Carlson going to do for the OP after this coming season? If you don't win this season, you've crapped away a fantastic, potentially elite player (Eichel) for a very good player (Forsberg). If you lose Eichel here, you're never getting him back. Players like him don't come along every season.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Conversely, Eichel put up 56 points in his rookie season, on a terrible Buffalo Sabres squad. It's also a keep 4, so what's Carlson going to do for the OP after this coming season? If you don't win this season, you've crapped away a fantastic, potentially elite player (Eichel) for a very good player (Forsberg). If you lose Eichel here, you're never getting him back. Players like him don't come along every season.

Exxxxxactly.
    RW
    D
    G