Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Panarin's value

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Panarin's value

Its a classic technique to talk a guy down like that. Can I guarantee the Breadman hits 70+ again? no. But aside from Crosby/Ovi and a few others the same can be said of literally every player. He should be a lock for 65+ even if Kane doesn't get 100pts (and he easily could) and so I'd want something coming back that had some real value. Remember that Anisomov got a fantasy value bump, sure, but its not like he ran a 60pt season centring those two all year.

If you're really worried about a hard regression I'd suggest 3 things.
    1-Look into his underlying numbers using the Dobber tools and see if things like his IPP, PDO, on ice SH%, etc were abnormally high. I haven't looked but I'm betting they weren't insane.
    2-Make sure you turn over every rock. I'm the most active seller in my league when I decide I want to make a move. Its led me to getting smaller returns at times than I should have because now everyone knows I'm shopping a guy, but more often than not its led me to deals I didn't think were there at all.
    3-Counter deals. I've been happy with exactly 2 deals ever that I was offered. And remember in this to ask yourself if you'd accept the deal if you were on the other side.
    Just my 2 cents
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

The Great One

Move on that guy won't offer you value - the Draisatl offer is interesting - wouldn't mind seeing the rest of that roster?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sage

Don't move Panarin unless someone is going to overpay which is unlikely. And with how I have been hearing people talk about Panarin, I think he offers a good buying opportunity. People who say that Panarin was merely the product of Kane are wrong. The two meshed very well with each other but it wasn't as if Panarin was just tagging along. Panarin is one of the major reasons why Kane was so productive last season. And even if Panarin is separated from Kane, something I am hoping for as a Hawks fan, Panarin would then be skating with Toews.

You don't want to trade with anybody that sees Panarin and Drouin as equal. Just keep Panarin.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

Drouin and panarin are not equal. At least not this year or next. Trade talks would prob end there for me
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Noddes55 View Post
    Drouin and panarin are not equal. At least not this year or next. Trade talks would prob end there for me
    I really hope they did... Last I checked only one finished in the top 10 in scoring last year, or top 100 for that matter. Drouin's potential does not make him equal to one currently doing. I would wait to see who he wrongly undervalues on his roster though. Forward thinking
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    AFHL in sig

a,gwg,g,hit,pt,ppp,shp,sv,sho,w,gaa,sv%

i own panarin. got a manager kicking tires on him....offering buchnevich, teravainen and a prospect. not in the same universe? what should i be getting back
    Not in the same universe.

I'd definitely be shopping Panarin around for a big name player like Benn, Seguin, Stamkos, Malkin, not saying you can get it, but Panarin's value is very much inflated right now so you never know. But no, that wouldn't make me give him up.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If he see's Panarin and Drouin as equals this coming season, then I don't think he really wants Panarin..

Unless he is willing to give up something of value then politely decline!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..