Thread: Too much prospect love?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Too much prospect love?

Offer of Meir, saros, samsonov, and gillis for Rick Nash and and zacha. My team is pretty young so don't know if I'm going over board. Opinions?
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Too much prospect love?

I really like that for you. Not this coming year, but down the line.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Going overboard on goalie prospects in this deal. This would leave you with 33% of your prospects as goalies. I'd trade Saros in for a young roster player IMO.

That or keep the trade for Zacha small as in the other thread and make a separate deal for Nash to extract full/better value for him
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't know about this one. Zacha is the best prospect of this bunch IMO, Nash is still relatively productive. You get a lot of goaltending prospect but you already have Vasilevskyi Mrazek and Sorokin for prospects.

If you're looking to rebuild, I'd move Nash for better forward prospects.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good point but who?? The league I'm in is obsessed with youth. And I my team is young.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Would u trade Nash for a straight up lottery pick??

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jager's Mullet View Post
    Offer of Meir, saros, samsonov, and gillis for Rick Nash and and zacha. My team is pretty young so don't know if I'm going over board. Opinions?
    What else does he have for prospects that interest you instead of all the goalies?

I don't think there's much difference between Meier and Zacha so for me this comes down to Rick Nash for all of those goalies. I like the prospects he's offering you, but there's a lot of gamble on your part there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not much else. Vessy and deangelo. But I'm not sold on vessy' upside.

Dobber Sports Deity

Too bad. I assume if you were to accept this deal, you'd have to drop two guys to make room for the ones you are bringing in (4 in, 2 out). If so, I dislike the deal even more.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Forward prospects allow for 40 games played before they need to be added. And goalies 20 starts. Like the idea of samsonov bec I know he is far off and a lot of my prospects are gonna get a shot this year. Like the idea of Nash potentially in a separate deal for a lottery pick(assumed) and flipping zacha for two of samsonov, gillis, or saros. Am I underselling Nash? And out of the second deal, which goalies should I ask for?

- - - Updated - - -

Or does mier need to included with the second trade??

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jager's Mullet View Post
    Would u trade Nash for a straight up lottery pick??
    Depends if you'll be in contention next year (sounds like no) and what is the lowest that pick could be.

I think I make that deal if I'm a building team next year and the pick is no lower than 5 or 6 (assuming this years draft class).

The Great One

This is a weird one for me - Meier and Zacha aren't a million miles apart but three goalie prospects for Nash seems - odd? Don't get me wrong Nash is another one of those you never seem to get fair value on but with the wait time for those guys I'm not entirely convinced this deal does anything, especially when considering the goalies you have. Personally I hope for a Nash hot streak and sell him hard then - just got to hope it comes
    Experience is the teacher of all things.