Thread: Keeper League Trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keeper League Trade

In a full ppr league we start QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, Team D. We keep 5 players each year with no restrictions.

Obviously a PPR start 4 WR league this puts major emphasis on WRs but the way my team has evolved my strength is at RB.

My Keeper options are:

RB: Gurley, L. Miller, D. Johnson
    WR: Julio, D. Parker, G. Tate

I also own the 1st and 2nd overall picks in the coming draft meaning I will be adding Ezekiel Elliot and the best available WR to this group.

The proposed trade (by me) is Gurley/Tate for OBJ....other owner is strongly considering it.

That would give me David Johnson, Lamar Miller, Julio, OBJ, and Devante Parker as my 5 keepers with Elliot and another solid WR as my first 7 players.

Hate to lose Gurley, but this trade makes a lot of sense for me, doesn't it? I would still have a great RB group and two stud Wrs.

Thoughts?
    10 Team, weekly H2H one-win league. Keep 15, any position. 26 man roster.

Skaters: G, A, PPP, SHG, GWG,+/-, Shots, Hits.
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SO.

Start: 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G.

C: McDavid, Mackinnon, Lindholm
    LW:
    A. Svechnikov, Stamkos, Forsberg, Stutzle
    RW: Kempe
    D: Dahlin, Ekblad, Seider, Bouchard,
    ​Sergachev/Chychrun

G: Shesterkin, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keeper League Trade

I like it for you. Have to give quality to get quality, and this is one of those cases. In a limited keeper though, upgrading to OBJ is something I would very much be interested in.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

This is a really tough one. I think Gurley is going to be an absolute monster this year and Tate is one of the safest wr2 in ppr leagues. I think it's a lot to give up but a OBJ and Julio combo is way too good to pass up. Pull the trigger.

I have to ask because I've seen Parker mentioned as a keep so many times, what am I missing?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think people are pretty sold on his talent and upside - myself included. We could all be a year or two early in expecting a big breakout, but at least for me I would rather be a year early than year late....I do think that even if he doesn't "breakout", he should make for a solid WR3.

Now, if I had to choose 5 keepers of the 6 players I mentioned without making any trades, I would keep Tate over Parker in this PPR format.

LW:
    ​Sergachev/Chychrun

Dobber Sports Ace

I really like Gurley, but man, OBJr and Julio?! You have to do that! WR have more longevity, too, not to mention, the name value if you have to trade either OBJr or Julio later on.

We're pretty certain that Andre Ellington is just a hurt bum who won't develop a timeshare with DJ, right?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post

We're pretty certain that Andre Ellington is just a hurt bum who won't develop a timeshare with DJ, right?

I sure hope so....consensus rankings of DJ this year indicate everyone is pretty dismissive of Ellington and CJ's roles in the offense. I am not as high on DJ as pretty anyone else I read or talk to - largely because I think these two will be factors still.

That said - DJ, Miller, and Elliot is a backfield I am happy to enter the season with.

LW:
    ​Sergachev/Chychrun

Funny, as soon as I read it's a full ppr league my knee jerk was sell Gurley. I love the move for OBJ. In a ppr/limited keeper I would sell skilled non-receiving high volume workhorse backs for any RB/WR catching a pass. Gio-B, Danny Woodhead, Charles Simms, Theo Riddick to name a few. Their heavy market share in the passing game is just more reliable and valuable in a ppr format than a player reliant on TDs for fantasy production. Moving Gurley for OBJ is great for you. Grabbing Zeke will be a bonus then just target one of the four backs above.

I'd do it.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

In a PPR, this a complete no-brainer especially with your RB core as it is...you need OBJ more than Gurley

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Made the deal but it is a bit different than the original proposal.

End result was Gurley and the 20th and 21st overall picks for OBJ and the 26th overall pick.

This will give me D. Johnson, L. Miller, Julio, OBJ with either Tate or Parker as my 5th keeper.

Adding Elliot 1st overall (hoping this domestic business is not true) and the top available Wr (may end up taking whichever Wr I don't keep) 2nd overall will give me a really solid top 7 players.

For my 5th keeper and given I already own Julio and OBJ, would you guys opt for the "safe" pick in Tate or the upside of Parker?

LW:
    ​Sergachev/Chychrun

Dobber Sports Padawan

Great deal for you, a thumbs up to you sir.
    Give me Tate here. Simple reliability is an underrated quality in fantasy. Let Julio and OBJ put up the eye popping numbers and allow Tate to be solid week after week. Should be more than enough to dominate receiving points each week. I'm also not totally sold on Parker yet either

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw20 View Post
    Great deal for you, a thumbs up to you sir.
    Give me Tate here. Simple reliability is an underrated quality in fantasy. Let Julio and OBJ put up the eye popping numbers and allow Tate to be solid week after week. Should be more than enough to dominate receiving points each week. I'm also not totally sold on Parker yet either
    I was thinking this too. I just need competent play from my 3/4 WRs with Julio/OBJ as my 1/2 and Tate is a sure thing to offer that. No need to gamble on Parker and could probably deal him to a Gm who has really bought into the hype. Or I can just scoop him up at #2 overall as my wr4.

LW:
    ​Sergachev/Chychrun