Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 Defensemen

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2 Defensemen

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Ours is a keep 6. Stats G, A, +/-, Sog, PPP, hits, d-pts, with that I'm considering keeping 2 dmen this year (Klingberg, Letang) due to the d-pt scoring category. All depends on scoring and players to choose from as keepers.
    In your 10 team league with D points, I might consider Carlson or Hedman (probably Carlson) over Crawford.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I'd probably keep Crawford with a dress 2 and how deep the league is it's arguable you won't need to even draft another with two starters like that (I would probably take a high reward guy I a later round just to be safe) or you can be a real douche bag and nab a strong third goalie with your first pick amd hold teams to ransom who need goalie help.... I never realised I was that guy!

- - - Updated - - -

By douche bag I mean an extremely savvy fantasy hockey GM lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I'd probably keep Crawford with a dress 2 and how deep the league is it's arguable you won't need to even draft another with two starters like that (I would probably take a high reward guy I a later round just to be safe) or you can be a real douche bag and nab a strong third goalie with your first pick amd hold teams to ransom who need goalie help.... I never realised I was that guy!

- - - Updated - - -

By douche bag I mean an extremely savvy fantasy hockey GM lol

Different strategies for different people. I myself have never been one to just stock up on goalies. I usually tier them unless the league is really goalie heavy. This league seems to be very points heavy, with the bonus for D, so that's where I was starting.

Also I didn't realize that Britain spells realize with an "s".
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

The Great One

True... Different horses for different courses just think with two goalies you should fare well in goalie categories all season

lol yeah we aren't the biggest fan of z's!

Dobber Sports Titan

True... Different horses for different courses just think with two goalies you should fare well in goalie categories all season

lol yeah we aren't the biggest fan of z's!
    I think for me it's just the idea of thinking that it's easier to fill one goalie spot if something goes wrong, than it is to fill 3F or 2D spots if either of those two positions crap the bed for me.

'Zed' or 'Zee'?

The Great One

See I always think goalies are like point producing d... Rather have sure things than hoping I land one so if I have either I tend to keep them

definitely zed lol

Dobber Sports Titan

See I always think goalies are like point producing d... Rather have sure things than hoping I land one so if I have either I tend to keep them

definitely zed lol
    But point producing D are so much less volatile! It's like comparing catchers and starting pitching aces in baseball. There are only a couple real studs at both positions, but the goalies (pitchers) seem to fluctuate so much more, even in the top tier, but especially once you get out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you're just wrong on it being pronounced zed, but we can agree to disagree again

The Great One

Season to season possibly but if you go the last five seasons I think you'd find the top guys are usually the top guys.i think the problem with goalies is that their drop offs seems to be more apparent as it's harder for them to 'hide'. Forwards and d can sometimes seem to be producing when not playing well because of a cheeky second assist on an empty netter etc but a goalie lets in three goals three games in a row they are killers

i don't mind you being wrong sometimes

Dobber Sports Titan

Season to season possibly but if you go the last five seasons I think you'd find the top guys are usually the top guys.i think the problem with goalies is that their drop offs seems to be more apparent as it's harder for them to 'hide'. Forwards and d can sometimes seem to be producing when not playing well because of a cheeky second assist on an empty netter etc but a goalie lets in three goals three games in a row they are killers

i don't mind you being wrong sometimes
    That's fair, and you definitely do want to have some goalie stats to stabilize your team, but I would much prefer to have one and then be on top of underrated goalies or hot streaks to fill it out, and then beat you in as many of the counting forward stats as possible. If I'm in a league with +/- then I just punt it.
    There are so many different strategies though, and everyone has their own way, especially with goalies. It's what makes this kind of thing so much fun.

Every once in a blue moon...

Dobber Sports Veteran

First I apologize for directing this thread towards my league make up.
    Eskimo Brother and Sulla you both make excellent points , appreciated.
    Our league has 10 teams and each GM keeps 2 goalies.
    I tried keeping 1 goalie a couple seasons back and it was a disaster.
    Different strategies for different leagues, scoring and GM's.
    Cheers
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

The Great One

So Grapes to clarify, and just to upset EB, I was right?

Dobber Sports Titan

So Grapes to clarify, and just to upset EB, I was right?
    You have someone else agreeing with you, that doesn't mean you're right!
    I could see jumping on Hutton and Johnson as your 3 & 4 goalies, and it working out extremely well for you. Filling in with a tier 3 starter as your #2 guy.

The Great One

it so does