Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please rank

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Please rank

Well. Anyone have a dart board?

I was thinking Caggiula and Motte.

Now I'm leaning Motte and Soshnikov.

I better decide before I change my mind again. Any reason to wait another week or two before deciding?
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Titan

If you wait a week you have time to put the names into a hat…
    Those four are so close though, I don't think there's a wrong answer.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

A week or two? No. Until training camp and see where everyone ends up? Yeah

i think this is musical chairs and as EB said if the music stops now I don't think anyone will be confident enough to say that's the wrong two (I'm sure in Feb someone will drag it up and hammer you though lol)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Hindsight is always 20/20! I will either look like a genius and pick the "right" ones

Hindsight is always 20/20.I will either look like a genius and pick the right ones, or have some perennial AHLers. Lol. Think I am going Motte for sure. Caggiula/Sosh is toss-up. Really do not like future for Sosh after this year with upcoming talent in system behind him.

The Great One

But if he hits that 40-50 points and multi category production he will be an easy trade piece

Ugh.....I keep finding available prospects in my league. Found two more. Nikita Zaitsev and Daniel Pribyl. How do they fit into the mix? Can still only pick two at the moment(left over picks from prospect draft that I missed). Please re-rank if you don't mind for the league in my signature:

Soshnikov, N
    Caggiula, D
    Motte, T
    Reway, M
    Zaitsev, N
    Pribyl, D

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by scdakotart2000 View Post
    Ugh.....I keep finding available prospects in my league. Found two more. Nikita Zaitsev and Daniel Pribyl. How do they fit into the mix? Can still only pick two at the moment(left over picks from prospect draft that I missed). Please re-rank if you don't mind for the league in my signature:

Soshnikov, N
    Caggiula, D
    Motte, T
    Reway, M
    Zaitsev, N
    Pribyl, D
    Zaitsev is going to get every opportunity in Toronto for ice time. Almost by default he slides into the second pairing. He looks to be a really solid 2way dman with offensive upside. There's a thread on here about him where I took over 40 for this season (rebuttal was he has a 38 NHLe the past two seasons) so 35-40 projection for next year, with my Bullish-opinion.

Prybil really tough to say. 45 in 45 in the Czech league last year, I haven't looked up his NHLe, but I'd probably slot him in around the 40pt range for Mtl. tops. It's a bit more crowded there for top 6 time, so more limited opportunities.

I'd put both between Reway & Motte with Zaitsev being the better own of the two due to playing time.

If it's more guaranteed production next year you're looking for, Zaits is going to get every look he could hope for. I'd be adding him if that was my primary objective with these players. He does play for Toronto, which means exposure - he won't be there in October, someone else will grab him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I take Zaitsev!

Yeah. I was leaning Motte and Caggiula or Soshnikov as my two. After seeing and reading up on Zaitsev, and with the state of my current Dmen, I think it might be leaning Motte/Zaitsev now.

I just have "a feeling" about Motte. I know, not very analytical. And I'm trying to leave being a fan of Chicago out of it, but I think he gets 3rd line time at least this year(unless he flops in camp), and possibly top line trial and possible time depending how he does. I think to start the season, Motte will end up on the 3rd line with Schmaltz. I think he can be a multi category producer, and get some time on the penalty kill as well. I just see him having a better opportunity.scenario in Chicago than Reway in Montreal(with the log jam of young top 6 talent ahead of him) and Caggiula(same scenario as Reway).

I think, like you said, Zaitsev can be top 4 and log a good amount of minutes. He seems to be a multi category producer as well.

The Great One

sometimes it is about gut - you can ask for advice but you will always regret it if you don't do what you want to do

Regrettably because they are both Leafs I say Zaitsev and Soshnikov.

Then Motte, and Caggiula and Reway and Pribyl

Well, I'm going Zaitsev and Motte unless there are any new justifications or info. Hoping some of the others will be there in the upcoming prospect draft in later rounds. Thanks for all the opinions and views.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by scdakotart2000 View Post
    Yeah. I was leaning Motte and Caggiula or Soshnikov as my two. After seeing and reading up on Zaitsev, and with the state of my current Dmen, I think it might be leaning Motte/Zaitsev now.

I just have "a feeling" about Motte. I know, not very analytical. And I'm trying to leave being a fan of Chicago out of it, but I think he gets 3rd line time at least this year(unless he flops in camp), and possibly top line trial and possible time depending how he does. I think to start the season, Motte will end up on the 3rd line with Schmaltz. I think he can be a multi category producer, and get some time on the penalty kill as well. I just see him having a better opportunity.scenario in Chicago than Reway in Montreal(with the log jam of young top 6 talent ahead of him) and Caggiula(same scenario as Reway).

I think, like you said, Zaitsev can be top 4 and log a good amount of minutes. He seems to be a multi category producer as well.
    Sometimes... this is the most analytical approach you can conduct.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4