Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Benn surgery

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Jamie Benn surgery

BREAKING: Jamie Benn had surgery in Philadelphia Thursday to repair a core muscle injury. Expected recovery time is 6 weeks. More to come.

https://twitter.com/MikeHeika/status/753965528608153600

World Cup status in doubt?
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Jamie Benn surgery

Quote Originally Posted by tomastop View Post
    BREAKING: Jamie Benn had surgery in Philadelphia Thursday to repair a core muscle injury. Expected recovery time is 6 weeks. More to come.

https://twitter.com/MikeHeika/status/753965528608153600

World Cup status in doubt?
    Wishing him a speedy recovery.

He came back just fine from the hip surgery last off-season, so hopefully that can be replicated.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I hope he misses the world cup. Personally, I don't want any of my players playing in the fake olympics.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I hope he misses the world cup. Personally, I don't want any of my players playing in the fake olympics.
    Is this because of the rest idea, or an injury risk?
    Because he's already injured anyways.
    I'm still more of a patriot and a fan of the game, that I want the best players going. I'll sort out my fantasy teams later.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

I hope his surgery was successful.....
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    I hope his surgery was successful.....
    Sounds like it was:

IMG_20160715_183409.jpg

Not sure if Benn injury is result of training or uncovered in training. He should be fine for season, but World Cup could be in question.
    https://twitter.com/MikeHeika/status/753966790611394560

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Is this because of the rest idea, or an injury risk?
    Because he's already injured anyways.
    I'm still more of a patriot and a fan of the game, that I want the best players going. I'll sort out my fantasy teams later.
    Well actually, it's mostly because I want the world cup to fail. I much prefer the Olympics to this silly idea.

Beyond that, it's not a rest or injury risk reasoning, but rather, I think going through proper training camp will be a more beneficial exercise to start the season out strong than playing in an all star tournament.

The Great One

anyone in my league please note that is two surgeries on two off seasons so I will happily take this band aid boy off you....

Re the Olympics.. personally go back to what it was with the best non nhl players/amateurs (I still love the 94 Lillehammer games) and have a World Cup with the proper nations for the best on best
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Call me a stick in the mud, but I don't want to see the World Cup or Olympics. I hate that a team's season could be thrown into chaos because of the loss of a key player in a game that has absolutely nothing to do with qualifying for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. It sucks big green ones if you lose a player in camp or preseason, but at least it was towards the goal of hoisting the Cup. As an NHL, more specifically a Dallas Stars fan, the Cup trumps national pride.

I'm really hoping he won't be available for the WC and will be full speed for the regular season.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Jamie Benn sidelined 6 weeks after surgery to repair an abdominal muscle

Unclear how he suffered injury. World Cup participation in question.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-stars/stars/2016/07/15/stars-jamie-benn-undergoes-surgery-repair-core-muscle-injury-recovery-time-six-weeks

This probably isn't very noteworthy or impactful. Just wanted to seize the opportunity to report something.

The Great One

Default Re: Jamie Benn sidelined 6 weeks after surgery to repair an abdominal muscle

Or it's already been mentioned before
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    anyone in my league please note that is two surgeries on two off seasons so I will happily take this band aid boy off you....

Re the Olympics.. personally go back to what it was with the best non nhl players/amateurs (I still love the 94 Lillehammer games) and have a World Cup with the proper nations for the best on best
    But then it won't be. There's better player in the SHL, KHL, and SM-Liiga than what exist in Canada/US outside the NHL. Look what happens in the Spengler Cup every year. Olympics should either be all of the best or nobody pro. But European pro leagues will still go to the Olympics, so a non-NHL Olympics is basically just a sham. A tournament nobody should or will care about.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Call me a stick in the mud, but I don't want to see the World Cup or Olympics. I hate that a team's season could be thrown into chaos because of the loss of a key player in a game that has absolutely nothing to do with qualifying for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. It sucks big green ones if you lose a player in camp or preseason, but at least it was towards the goal of hoisting the Cup. As an NHL, more specifically a Dallas Stars fan, the Cup trumps national pride.

I'm really hoping he won't be available for the WC and will be full speed for the regular season.
    100% agreed. A Stanley Cup blows away an Olympic Gold Medal. Overall, I have little interest in who wins the Olympics and it would please me if the NHL sticks it to the IOC.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    100% agreed. A Stanley Cup blows away an Olympic Gold Medal. Overall, I have little interest in who wins the Olympics and it would please me if the NHL sticks it to the IOC.
    Tired of losing to us?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Says the man whose country hasn't produced a Stanley Cup winner in the last 23 years.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....