Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Star Wars fans I need your help

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Star Wars fans I need your help

The guy's blog is called 'Absolutely No Machete Juggling'

He called it that in case it caught on - which it did.

Here's a good, brief non-spoiler rationalization to why he recommends machete order:
    "booting Episode I isn't merely about pretending a crappy movie doesn't exist. Viewing Episode 2 immediately after 5 and Episode 3 immediately before 6 (4,5,2,3,6) actually tells the story better than including Episode I does. In fact, I think it tells Luke's story better than leaving the prequels out entirely."

Also, how much fun was TFA? I saw it 4x in theatre including the first ever showing in Vancouver on the Thursday. Plenty of plot holes and bad acting and questionable scripting, but hot damn if it wasn't enjoyable.

17 teams - Pts only, cap hit league (not using bonuses) - Keep $39.255 million
    [Start 7F, 4D, 2G + 6 reserve]
    6 prospects

F: Draisaitl(8.5), Stamkos(8.5), Kopitar(10), Ehlers(6), Seguin(5.75), Rantanen(0.894), Guentzel(0.734), Anders Bjork(0.925), Niederrieter, Stepan
    D:Byfuglien(7.6), Carlson(?), Muzzin(4), Montour(?), Pulock(?), DeAngelo(0.925)
    G: Holtby(6.1), Jones (?)
    Prospects: PL Dubois, Mittelstadt, Suzuki, Tippett, Tolvanen, Terry

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well after my copy of A New Hope appeared on "Comedic Misadventures of the US Postal Service" it finally arrived in my hands yesterday. Sat down and watched both it and The Empire Strikes Back. Thoroughly enjoyed both, but I was struck by how much of both movies I've inadvertently seen through pop culture references. Through that I'd seen just about every major scene and plot point. Don't get me wrong, it in no way detracted from the fun of having the experience of the whole of both movies. Still have Return Of The Jedi to watch, and working through what I remember from pop culture I can already tell I've seen several elements. Merely an observation, not a complaint.

I can see these movies entering my rotation of frequently watched TV shows and movies. I am now one of the pack so to speak!
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

The Great One

Sows how relevant they are to have appeared in so much pop culture... Glad you enjoyed them though
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

Another person converted to the dark side...or is it the light?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Well after my copy of A New Hope appeared on "Comedic Misadventures of the US Postal Service" it finally arrived in my hands yesterday. Sat down and watched both it and The Empire Strikes Back. Thoroughly enjoyed both, but I was struck by how much of both movies I've inadvertently seen through pop culture references. Through that I'd seen just about every major scene and plot point. Don't get me wrong, it in no way detracted from the fun of having the experience of the whole of both movies. Still have Return Of The Jedi to watch, and working through what I remember from pop culture I can already tell I've seen several elements. Merely an observation, not a complaint.

I can see these movies entering my rotation of frequently watched TV shows and movies. I am now one of the pack so to speak!

Did you know who Darth Vader was before you watched?