Thread: Allen or Talbot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Allen or Talbot

Allen or Talbot
    Keeper league
    Start 2 G
    W, GA, Sv%, SO

I'm pretty sure the consensus will be Allen here based on the team he plays behind. Is Allen considered a #1 or #2 goalie in fantasy. If you have him ranked ahead of Talbot, by how much?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Allen or Talbot

I have Allen on my roster and am likely keeping him as my second G with Bishop and dropping Hornqvist, Jenner, Krejci to do so. I'd consider keeping one of those three if my second goalie was Talbot.

Allen is significantly better than Talbot. And also plays on a top team. All this talk about Edm being better, I need to see it to believe it. It's the same thing year in year out... Even if they were equal in talent. I want Allen based on team projection.

Allen you could argue is a top 10 goalie today. with top 5 potential.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy BZ View Post
    Allen or Talbot
    Keeper league
    Start 2 G
    W, GA, Sv%, SO

I'm pretty sure the consensus will be Allen here based on the team he plays behind. Is Allen considered a #1 or #2 goalie in fantasy. If you have him ranked ahead of Talbot, by how much?
    Allen for me. I'd say Allen is a high end #2 and Talbot is a low end #2.

Tier 2 for me would look something like (without considering teams like Pitt where no one knows yet).....

Rask
    Gibson
    Allen
    Dubnyk
    Elliott
    Mrazek
    Varlamov
    Bob
    Talbot
    --------------

That's pretty much off the top of my head.

The Great One

I have him ranked above Talbot by a bit as Talbot's improvement in wins and shut outs will depend on the team in front of him whilst Allen already has a very solid team there. Don't get me wrong I think the Oil, finally, turn the corner, but if it is to choose a keeper then I don't really want to take risks unless I have too
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Allen you could argue is a top 10 goalie today. with top 5 potential.
    I don't think you'll find anyone making either of those arguments.

But I agree with most of the rest of what you said. St. Louis is much better than Edmonton, and until Edmonton turns the corner (see it to believe it, exactly as you said!), I wouldn't trust Talbot for W or SHO. I'd take Allen, but make sure that I have a strong #3 goaltender, for when he inevitably get injured and/or goes through a rough patch.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    I don't think you'll find anyone making either of those arguments.

But I agree with most of the rest of what you said. St. Louis is much better than Edmonton, and until Edmonton turns the corner (see it to believe it, exactly as you said!), I wouldn't trust Talbot for W or SHO. I'd take Allen, but make sure that I have a strong #3 goaltender, for when he inevitably get injured and/or goes through a rough patch.
    I'm with Tobias. It is Allen, but he's not a top 5 goalie. He's also injured enough that you need Hutton at minimum, or another starter.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)