Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Provorov or Ghost?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Provorov or Ghost?

H2H points Dynasty cap league
    G,A,+/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, Blocks, SOG

Who would you rather have? Obviously both, but if you had to pick one?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Provorov or Ghost?

As a Ghost owner (and therefore wholely unbiased) I say Ghost. Higher ceiling for offensive categories and excellent name value you can trade in on if needed
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

Dobber Sports Titan

Ghost for now. 5 years from now it will be very close, and a hair towards Provorov for the secondary categories.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Ghost... already there
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

I think Provorov is going to be very, very good. A true #1 defender in every sense of the term. One of those great, all-around defenders who can hit, block shots, play defense, and put up points.

I'm the biggest Ghostisbehere fan out there, but Provorov will put up close to as many points, but also destroy Gostisbehere in the other categories your league uses (+/-, hits, and blocks).

That said, in the short-term (as in right now and the start of the upcoming season), you want to have Gostisbehere due to his perceived value. Long-term (as in halfway through the season once everyone sees how good Provorov is), I have no doubt Provorov is the better option.

I'm not sure what is happening here. Do you have Gostisbehere and are looking to get Provorov (or is it the other way around)? I ask because if you own Gostisbehere (as I do), I'd prefer Provorov but I'd get the other person to throw in some extra assets because RIGHT NOW Gostisbehere has more value.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Newbie

I'm not sure what is happening here. Do you have Gostisbehere and are looking to get Provorov (or is it the other way around)? I ask because if you own Gostisbehere (as I do), I'd prefer Provorov but I'd get the other person to throw in some extra assets because RIGHT NOW Gostisbehere has more value.
    I have Provorov, just wondering if I should look to move him as hype seems to be peaking with dev. camp.

Dobber Sports Legend

Ghost is like Klingberg and Provorov "should" be like Doughty in the next 2-3 years or so. Offense goes to Ghost and well-roundedness (with some good offense) goes to Provorov.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinginbitterclingin View Post
    I have Provorov, just wondering if I should look to move him as hype seems to be peaking with dev. camp.
    In that case, stick with what you've got. You have the better player for your cats, and time will show this very soon. And truthfully you aren't going to be able to get more than Gostisbehere, and any Gostisbehere owner would want something more added to Provorov (I know I would, even though I also know Provorov will eventually be the better option).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

I would prefer Gostisbehere. You can fill in the hits and block categories with a plethora of other defenders. There are very few defensemen out there with the current, and potential ceiling of, offensive output.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

With your categories, I would hold Provorov. I expect his hits & blocks to be higher, with the +/- category about even (same team and Gostisbehere was 3rd in +/- on the Flyers last year, after all) and somewhat fewer points. Trading for Gostisbehere now is a bad time, because you'd be buying pretty dang high.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    I would prefer Gostisbehere. You can fill in the hits and block categories with a plethora of other defenders. There are very few defensemen out there with the current, and potential ceiling of, offensive output.
    I agree with this.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ghost in fantasy, Provorov in real life.

See Shattenkirk vs Pietrangelo
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd prefer provorov over ghost
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Can't say I totally agree. while having the limited cat 60pt Dman is nice and showy, A 50+pt dman that fills all the other categories makes you a much stronger team. You're not filling your other roster slots with specialty players to cover categories, minimizing overall returns. And you end up with a player who gives you 180 blocks 180 hits and 12pts on the season, rather than a guy like Provorov is projected to be essentially giving you both in one - opening the door for another player to take up that empty roster spot
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I think Provorov is going to be very, very good. A true #1 defender in every sense of the term. One of those great, all-around defenders who can hit, block shots, play defense, and put up points.

I'm the biggest Ghostisbehere fan out there, but Provorov will put up close to as many points, but also destroy Gostisbehere in the other categories your league uses (+/-, hits, and blocks).

That said, in the short-term (as in right now and the start of the upcoming season), you want to have Gostisbehere due to his perceived value. Long-term (as in halfway through the season once everyone sees how good Provorov is), I have no doubt Provorov is the better option.
    Exactly this.

Provorov for me. The Russian Pietrangelo that will be given every opportunity offensively.

Put me down as one of the few who doesn't see Ghost bettering his freak season last year. Kid went on a Hammond like run last year. 45 points is where I think he settles with minimal peripheral stats.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko