Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sell the farm for Puljijarvi?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Sell the farm for Puljijarvi?

As I wrote that I got an offer from the guy at #2... I give Domi, Fabbri and #6 and I get #2. I already have #1. You guys do this?
    14 team, $50M cap
    Stats Counted: G(1), A(1), +/-(.25), GWG(1), SHG(1), Major PIM(2), W(2), SO(5), SOG(.25)
    ($-Yrs), x = option
    F: Matthews (0.5x4x) Laine (0.5x4x) Forsberg (6.7x2) Granlund (2Mx1), Kuznetsov (5.1x1), Stone (4.25x2), Couture (3.1x1x),
    E. Staal (2.2x1), Duchene (3.5x3), Neal (2x1), Marchessault (1.0x3), Gallagher (0.65x3)

D: Burns (4.3x1x), Pietrangelo (4.7x1x), Jones (0.5x2x), Yandle (2.2x2), Schmidt (0.5x1x), Severson (1.2x2)

G: Vasilevsky (0.5x2x), Schneider (0.8x1), Jarry (0.5x1)

Farm (yrs)-

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by CNFBC View Post
    As I wrote that I got an offer from the guy at #2... I give Domi, Fabbri and #6 and I get #2. I already have #1. You guys do this?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_factor View Post
    Yes.
    Did you see this one the message before?
    "
    Hi again and thanks for all of the replies. Turns out he was drunk when he thought this was a no brainer...
    A few days later and this is where we are at:
    He says it will take Domi, 6th overall (someone like Tkachuk, Nylander, Aho, etc), 14th overall, and his 2017 1st rounder (I got it from him in a previous trade).
    Domi has 2 years on his contract with an option at the end (matching rights). Every player drafted gets a 0.5M salary and a 5 year contract. Is it crazy to do this trade?"
    14 team, $50M cap
    Stats Counted: G(1), A(1), +/-(.25), GWG(1), SHG(1), Major PIM(2), W(2), SO(5), SOG(.25)
    ($-Yrs), x = option
    F: Matthews (0.5x4x) Laine (0.5x4x) Forsberg (6.7x2) Granlund (2Mx1), Kuznetsov (5.1x1), Stone (4.25x2), Couture (3.1x1x),
    E. Staal (2.2x1), Duchene (3.5x3), Neal (2x1), Marchessault (1.0x3), Gallagher (0.65x3)

D: Burns (4.3x1x), Pietrangelo (4.7x1x), Jones (0.5x2x), Yandle (2.2x2), Schmidt (0.5x1x), Severson (1.2x2)

Farm (yrs)-

Dobber Sports Master

That is a good deal on offer there mate. Great value for those lower picks.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd do this deal:

I give Domi, Fabbri and #6 and I get #2. I already have #1.
    I like this better than the deal for #3, because you keep the drunken trader's 2017 first. I suspect that pick will end up better than Fabbri, and you keep the #14.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I like this better than the deal for #3, because you keep the drunken trader's 2017 first. I suspect that pick will end up better than Fabbri, and you keep the #14.
    I'm with Steve here. You're giving up less to get more with the Fabbri/Domi/#6 deal
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

If the other deal is off the table, then negotiate off the new one. I'd be negotiating hard though as I dont like the deal near as much. Admittedly , I'm no cap expert (should be a separate forum for cap leagues in my opinion), but my spidey sense goes off when I think about the second deal.

I really appreciate all the advice guys. I ended up getting the #2 overall pick. It cost Domi (2yr Contract), Fabbri (4 yr conteact), 6th overall (someone like Aho, Tkachuk, Sergachev, Sprong) and the 14th overall (someone like Montoya or Linnell or something). That's a lot to pay and the others in my league think I'm crazy. I'll have Laine and Matthews for 5 years each so we'll see soon enough I guess. Thanks again!
    14 team, $50M cap
    ($-Yrs), x = option

Farm (yrs)-

Dobber Sports Ace

It's getting a bit steeper but I still pull the trigger. I prefer quality over quantity when it comes to prospects.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras