Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mrazek predictions

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Mrazek predictions

How do you assess Mrazek's future?

From the outside, it looks like the Wings could lose a step with Datsyuk departure... will this affect Mrazek or he's talented enough to get decent wins numbers (and obviously retain the #1 status)?
    I'm testing my Rinne's value and Mrazek's name has come up. Wouldn't be straight up, I would receive a fairly good + to determine.
    Before I start going back and forth, let's get some predictions / comments.

For the record, we're only counting wins and shutouts in my league so Rinne is still very valuable.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Mrazek predictions

I am of the thought that Mrazek is a stud. Holland needs a d and a scorer to make him elite. I value him above Dubnyk. To me goalies have to be looked on at their own skill cause they have such volitivity.

Dobber Sports Novice

Unless and until they can get rid of the Jimmy Joke, Mrazeks upside is slightly limited (at least in the short run). Dubby is gonna have big year or three...

Dobber Sports Master

I don't like the direction the Detroit Red Wings are going, and I especially don't like the albatross known as Jimmy Howard hanging around the organization's neck. Mrazek is a good young goalie, but he is facing an uphill climb into top tier status amongst goaltenders in the league.
    I see him getting at most 20-25 wins this season (banking on Howard being hurt some) with two shutouts.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    I am of the thought that Mrazek is a stud. Holland needs a d and a scorer to make him elite. I value him above Dubnyk. To me goalies have to be looked on at their own skill cause they have such volitivity.
    Thanks for the input, but we're talking Rinne and not Dubnyk...
    In my view, Rinne will once again post around 32-34 wins this season which is very good in my league.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd say Mrazek gets 52 starts, and wins 28 of them, probably with 2-3 shutouts. Howard is still in the wings, but he's not going to push for starts really. Just take one on back to backs and likely a few against weaker teams. Rinne could very well get 35+ wins with 3-4 shutouts, so long as he stays healthy. So long as you're in it to win this year, I'd hold Rinne. But if you can ride Holtby primarily and wait until next season to really rely on Mrazek, I'd make the move. Rinne's value is going to drop pretty steadily from here on out, especially if he has any other major injuries.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Immortal

I like Rinne over Mrazek because like was said above I don't trust Detroit's D core at all. I had hoped they would add to it and maybe they still will, but at this point their top 6 is not very good.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Mrazek is an RFA going to arbitration, which worries me slightly, but Howard is not good enough to beat him out. My league is save% and mildly shutout based, but I can guess at wins for you. I estimate 25 wins, 3 shutouts with a .918 save%.

He is not likely to generate a lot of shutouts right now with the somewhat porous defense, but he is very good at stopping pucks, and doesn't put up a lot of starts that are stinkers. I expect Detroit's offense to bounce back a little, but defense to drop a little. Not a lot of difference in the win column.

I think Rinne wins more and has more shutouts this year than Mrazek, but aging plus the downgrade of defensive play on the Nashville blue line may cost him a little bit.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

If you can afford to lose anything between 7-10 wins next season then I probably do it as this may be one of the last windows in which to sell Rinne for anything close,to value... If you are in it to win it 'legutamatel' then I'd much rather a championship
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    If you can afford to lose anything between 7-10 wins next season then I probably do it as this may be one of the last windows in which to sell Rinne for anything close,to value... If you are in it to win it 'legutamatel' then I'd much rather a championship
    This.

Mrazek is a stud and you can still get him at a cheap price because of Howard and the question marks with the Wings' roster. He'll be a top goalie in a few years, but Rinna is the choice for next year.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Rinne will out perform Mrazek next year and possibly the year after but going forward Rinne will decline and hopefully Detroit gets better defensively. Depends on where you think you are in your league but I'd make the swap and watch Mrazek turn into a pretty good goalie.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I don't like the direction the Detroit Red Wings are going, and I especially don't like the albatross known as Jimmy Howard hanging around the organization's neck. Mrazek is a good young goalie, but he is facing an uphill climb into top tier status amongst goaltenders in the league.
    I see him getting at most 20-25 wins this season (banking on Howard being hurt some) with two shutouts.
    I'm with you on this for thoughts and predictions (except shutouts 3-4). The others do have some good points on selling Rinne for value. I actually think he bounces back a bit this year though. So wait until mid-season, then deal Rinne if you wish.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

As long as they got rid of Kyle Quincey, the Red Wings defense is already so much better.

Dobber Sports Stud

I still have a very competitive team and I finished first and second the past two seasons, so I could probably go for it once more.

There are two issues though:
    1. My picks this upcoming draft are terrible since I traded several of them in my push for a back-to-back. I'll probably need to hit a few home runs to win next season.
    2. I'm of those who believe that Rinne still has 2-3 solid seasons remaining (especially in a wins + SO format), but there aren't many GMs in my league who agree. A few have interest, but it feels like this is my best opportunity to get something significant in return... I guess it's always the same predicament with over 30 years old productive veterans.

The Great One

agree with that sentiment that it may be the last window to move him but how much do you want that Championship? That's what it boils down too... never an easy decision but I would always go for the win now
    Experience is the teacher of all things.