Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top 5 goalies not in the NHL

The Great One

Default Re: Top 5 goalies not in the NHL

Sorokin's KHL numbers last year: 17-7-4, 1.06 GAA, 0.953 SV%
    Koskinen's KHL numbers last year: 20-18-0, 2.42 GAA, 0.915 SV%

Koskinen left North America because he couldn't hold down a job in the AHL. Kevin Poulin was a superior AHL goalie.

Last year in KHL, Koskinen's backup - Ilya Ejov - posted 7-5-3, 2.16 GAA, 0.926%. Heck, in the last 4 years, it's the same pattern. Koskinen's back up has posted similar or better numbers.

With respect to the Kings reportedly trying to sign Koskinen, I'd be willing to guess it was not to take over for J. Quick, but rather to have a cheap back up goalie.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Considering he is one of the best goalies in the KHL (and has been for years), and just helped Finland win the World Championships against actual NHL players should put him on, if not near the top of anyones list of top goalies not playing in the NHL in my eyes.

The goalies you guys are ranking are all prospects in the development stage. I'd be willing to bet that if Koskinen actually wanted to come to the NHL, he'd have a long list of suitors looking for his services. He could easily be a productive NHL goalie today, unlike some of the names listed in earlier posts.

FWIW, I read that the Kings were one team who attempted to sign him this off-season but Koskinen chose to re-sign in the KHL for two more years.

Wow thanks buddy. I had totally overlooked his play and just focused on his stats but after your post, I went on and watched clips of his play in the World Championships and he was pretty solid. He's definitely a step closer to being NHL-ready vs the others! I do agree that his numbers aren't crazy but he's got the skill set to be good if he does come back to the NHL.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Deity

Unfortunately, he's re-signed for two years in KHL and the chances of him actually coming to the NHL are getting slimmer and slimmer every passing year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."